Gransnet forums

Pets

So sad

(32 Posts)
sodapop Fri 05-Feb-21 15:17:06

We have just had our second dog put to sleep this afternoon. He was 15 and had been ill for some time. I know it was the right decision but its so hard. We have lost two of our dogs in four months, never thought I would miss them so much.

morethan2 Fri 05-Feb-21 23:29:19

I’m sending you a (((hug))) too. Our pets give us such devotion and unconditional love, they comfort us so much It’s hard when we loose them

Hetty58 Sat 06-Feb-21 00:21:22

sodapop, they leave such a huge gap behind in our lives, don't they? We have to grieve their loss - and always remember what a lovely little life they had with us.

Jellybaby71011 Sat 06-Feb-21 22:50:37

I’m so sorry for your loss. My boy went 3 weeks ago today.
I’m missing him so much. Losing a beloved pet is just so very very hard.

Shandy57 Sat 06-Feb-21 22:58:18

So very sorry to read this sodapop, my dog is 12 and starting to really slow down. He was my husband's dog so when it is his turn to go, I will lose double the memories. Big hugs to you xx

Grandmafrench Sat 06-Feb-21 23:36:22

Sodapop how very sad and lost you must feel. I'm so sorry. Our Vet said to us earlier this week that we had chosen the moment and were doing the last act of kindness for our darling cat. But it doesn't take away the pain, does it? Do try to remember what sort of life you gave your dog, how happy you made him, how he was cared for - as well as how much he loved you. You chose the moment, you gave him up so that he didn't suffer. He was everything to you and you to him. It hurts so much..... and two dogs? I've lost two dogs, quite young and close together and both to cancer. It was horrific. It now feels that my cat has taken a big piece of our lives and a small piece of my heart, but he wasn't the first and he won't be the last. We just have to bear the bad times to make the good times good, and in order to have their loving presence in our lives. I hope you feel so much better soon and that you'll start to remember him without so much pain - just happiness and gratitude.
Glammananna, Nonogran Ellan's Daughter, Redhead CrazyH Nell Fennel Ginny and Georgesgran. Be brave and feel grateful for the loving lives you've shared. People who care for animals are special people - we all understand and share the pain of losing them. ?

Sparklefizz Sun 07-Feb-21 07:26:20

So sorry to hear about the losses of everyone's beloved pets. I've been there and the pain is acute, but it's the price we pay for the love and joy they bring to us. I still have a little cry occasionally for the ones I have lost. They live on in our hearts. flowers