Gransnet forums

Pets

Still Waiting for my Vet to send me over a written Prescription.

(27 Posts)
3nanny6 Sat 24-Jul-21 15:07:35

Good Afternoon All :

I am feeling angry towards my vet as I ordered a written prescription last Tuesday and paid for it, I get it for my dog as it is cheaper for me to get the medication on-line than to buy from the vet. I have done this for about 2 years and occasionally they have been slow but generally good.

In fact I am more than angry I am spitting feathers because firstly one of my dogs had an operation 10 days ago, she is recovering well but it was not cheap.
Secondly the dog who I needed the prescription for was also at the vets on the Tuesday as she has to be seen at times for him to write the prescription and he was pleased with her and told me to continue as I had been doing.
I phoned the vets and enquired to the receptionist on Thursday and was told oh yes I will get the vet to send it over to your e-mail.
Yesterday I was babysitting my 3 week-old grandson as my son and D.I.L had to go to the hospital as D.I.L has had a few health problems since the birth.
I missed checking anything with the vets but have noticed that the prescription has not come over.
I cannot do anything until Monday now but feel as if I am just too passive and nicey- nicey when I would like to give them a piece of my mind and kick up a fuss and ask them where the hell is the bloody prescription.
Please any tips on how to handle this all I ever get is problems.

Germanshepherdsmum Sat 31-Jul-21 12:15:43

Sorry last sentence was thoughtless. Working for the NHS your daughter would be ill rewarded for what she has to do. Not comparable at all, but I would mention that you’d be surprised how little some solicitors working in provincial firms and those doing legal aid work take home. Anyway if you feel able to talk about your bad experience I’d be genuinely interested to hear about it.