Gransnet forums

Pets

My new dog

(49 Posts)
blondenana Fri 17-Dec-21 14:29:44

After losing my little dog to dementia 2 years ago, i thought i waould never find one as lovely and good natured as her
As i also have cats i was looking for a dog who would be ok with them
At last i found Molly, who was looking for a new home
Molly is 6 and a Bichon Frise.and had lived with a cat
I love her to bits and so pleased i found her, but i keep calling her by last dogs name

JaneJudge Fri 17-Dec-21 18:19:49

Lovely smile

grannydarkhair Fri 17-Dec-21 18:21:05

Oh so cute! And your cats look bonny too.

merlotgran Fri 17-Dec-21 18:29:06

She’s such a sweetie. You’re going to have a lot of fun together.

grannypiper Fri 17-Dec-21 19:00:14

What a little Sweetie, so glad you have found each other .

sodapop Fri 17-Dec-21 19:08:16

Gorgeous little girl Blondenana hope you have lots of happy times together. My two rescue dogs are called Maggy & Molly and I'm always using the wrong name.
My ex husband often used to call the children by the dog's name smile

lavenderzen Fri 17-Dec-21 20:54:24

So pleased you have found each other Blondenana. Molly is beautiful. Lots of happy times ahead for you both.

jacksmum Fri 17-Dec-21 21:34:40

She looks a real sweetie, as they did not tell you they had another dog ,did you then ask was there any other reason they had chosen to sell this dog? Have you had the microchip checked to make sure they are the registered owners?did they give you all paperwork to change the chip details to your name? i hope all works out for you and your new dog , x

Calistemon Fri 17-Dec-21 22:15:29

jacksmum I never thought of that but yes, very relevant if they charged for her and didn't just give her away.

Germanshepherdsmum Fri 17-Dec-21 22:25:02

Oh, I had assumed she was a rescue dog. I’m afraid I‘ve never understood how people can buy and sell pets.

Germanshepherdsmum Fri 17-Dec-21 22:30:04

Mmm, I’m starting to wonder now. I do hope all the proper paperwork was handed over and that your vet can confirm she has a microchip which matches the documents and the seller. So many dogs are stolen for sale or breeding.

Jane43 Fri 17-Dec-21 22:38:38

She is gorgeous isn’t she, I’m sure she will bring you lots of happiness. Although we have had our little dog for eight years we still occasionally call him by our previous dog’s name, it’s only natural as we had him for 15 years.

Flaxseed Sat 18-Dec-21 09:07:05

Molly is so cute! I hope you have many happy years together smile

glammanana Sat 18-Dec-21 10:12:38

Blondenana How lucky you are to have found your forever friend Molly she is so cute.
My little Lhasa Apso was PTS in January and I miss her so much she came to me through preloved 9 yrs ago,I have not found another furry friend as yet but after my holiday in June next yr (hopeful) I am going to look to rehome again.

Hetty58 Sat 18-Dec-21 11:33:17

She's adorable and looks so settled on the sofa (just like mine). You're both lucky to have found each other. I bet she doesn't care what you call her - so long as you call her for dinner!

grandtanteJE65 Sat 18-Dec-21 12:21:28

Just wondering what the cats said when you introduced Molly?

So nice to hear your lovely news.

I hope you, Molly and the cats have a happy Christmas, and that the cats have forgiven you.

I have no doubt they are teaching Molly her place when you are looking, and knowing cats probably snuggling up to her when you are not!

Caleo Sat 18-Dec-21 12:56:59

Blondenana, congratulations on your new companion. I am sure you will have much joy, and she will make herself happily at home in her lovely new house.

Framilode Sat 18-Dec-21 16:25:05

She is simply gorgeous and you will both have a wonderful life together. I am delighted for you.

Oldbat1 Sat 18-Dec-21 16:44:22

Thrilled for you. Best reason in the world to get up bright and cheerful every morning. My dogs have lots of different names they answer to. Rescue dogs are the best - we currently have 3.

Aveline Sat 18-Dec-21 16:50:55

Lovely bright wee face. Hope the cats don't give her too hard a time!

blondenana Sun 26-Dec-21 21:40:15

I have changed her chip, and was happy to pay for her £250

I think they were rehoming her as they said she had separation anxiety,and was having accidents, as they were working and out a lot,she has only had 2 here, and when i go out i put puppy pads down , on my wood floor, with large rug rolled back,
When i am here she will ask to go out, back door for garden and front door for walks
The first time she had used the puppy pad while i was out she hid under my bed bless her,i think she thought she would be in trouble,i don't tell her off as obviously she is nervous
She seems nervous of men too she hides behind me if a man stops to stroke her,also quite nervous of some dogs
As for the cats there was a bit of jealousy, but not so much now,

Calistemon Sun 26-Dec-21 21:49:27

Lovely pictures blondenana

It doesn't sound as if she had the best of starts but will have a lovely, kind and caring home with you.

FannyCornforth Mon 27-Dec-21 06:48:05

Molly is absolutely gorgeous!
But I would say that as I’ve got a bichon frise / Tibetan spaniel cross who looks like her sister!
I’m so pleased that you’ve got her, I can’t imagine not having a little dog to love.
I’ve got a cat too, let’s just say that their relationship is complicated hmmsmile

SandyJacob85 Tue 28-Dec-21 19:41:01

She is such a cutie pie! Have a good time with her..