Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

NOW CLOSED Calling all UK grandparents: please take a survey for GNHQ - you could win a £50 voucher

(30 Posts)
KatGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 19-Sep-13 08:57:09

As you may know - we have a new book coming out in October on how to survive grandparenting in the 21st century. To mark its release we're looking in to the main areas of difference between how you brought up your own children and how they in turn are bringing up theirs.

Are there any similarities or differences that have surprised you? Do you think being a 21st century grandparent is full unexpected challenges?

We'd love to hear your views, please do take a few minutes to complete this survey, and all respondents who submit their email address will be added into a draw for a £50 Amazon voucher.

The survey is open to all UK gransnetters who have at least one child and at least one grandchild.

Here's the link again: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GNsurveySept13

Thanks again and good luck with the prize draw

GNHQ

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 26-Sep-13 10:08:40

Hello! This is open to UK gransnetters as some of the statements in the first few questions relate to things which are particularly relevant to the UK - socially, politically and - weather based! wink However, if you brought up your children in the UK you're welcome to do it - just tick the box for where you lived before. The prize will be an email code for Amazon so should be ok wherever you live.

Mamie Thu 26-Sep-13 13:05:11

Have completed it. Things that might be confusing:
Baby led weaning in the seventies probably meant following health visitors advice to introduce solids very early. Baby lapped it up, so parent continued to do it. Not sure that is what you meant.
Couldn't find a way of saying DD and DiL weaned at 4-5 months.
Not sure baby slings existed (i never saw one) so couldn't be for or against.
DD didn't have reins for GDs but had wrist strap.
Agree playing outside unsupervised question hard to answer as "young" too vague.
Agree outside did not mean at the bottom of the garden.

NfkDumpling Thu 03-Oct-13 16:41:18

Agree Mamie I took baby led weaning to mean baby yelling and still hungry so gave her runny baby rice to shut her up!
I did have a baby sling for number 3 who refused to be put down - but it was passed from a friend who'd got it from the USA.
As for playing outside unsupervised. Assume it meant when they could walk unaided. They did - sort of. I wasn't actually with them and they thought they were unsupervised but I kept an eye on them most of the time.
Also agree outside didn't mean the bottom of the garden - however tempting!

AnnGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 09-Oct-13 12:33:15

Thanks for all the responses: Jayso wins the £50 Amazon voucher. Well done!