Gransnet forums

Relationships

Still angry.

(77 Posts)
beautybumble Fri 26-Jul-19 12:19:41

Hi all. I've been keeping things in for several years, but its just festered and I'm still wound up, which isn't good for me. I was married for 20 years to a very selfish, bad tempered and lazy man. He was cruel to my first daughter, which still affects her to this day, but when I tried to leave him he threatened that I would never see the other two babies again. So I had to stay until they were grown up. He always wanted the best, so a new detached house, different cars, clothes and smoked 30 a day. But he was so lazy he would put his suit on each morning but hardly ever actually went to work, so we couldn't afford such luxuries. The more he spent, the more I had to work to try to keep afloat. I hated having to work so hard and such long hours when I had my beautiful little ones to bring up. I worked when they were at school and would run to pick them up after school with burning feet because I'd been on them all day. Then after getting their tea, reading to them at bedtime, I'd go to my next job. Sometimes working all night. Finally I managed to leave him after a nervous breakdown and he accused me of having an affair. I did not. I carried on working hard so that I could pay off my mortgage and now have no debts and no man to worry about. In the meantime my ex found another woman to look after him and she is very wealthy. She's nice actually, but it hurts to think that after so many years of such cruelty, he's sitting pretty and brags about what 'they've' got. I'm so very lonely because I was never lucky enough to find a good man. I feel bitter and wish I could forget him, but I have to see him because of my children and grandchildren. Thank you for reading.

crazyH Thu 01-Aug-19 23:24:57

Beautybumble, I wish you all the best. I was married to a serial philanderer, but for financial reasons, and foolishly I thought, for the sake of the children, I stuck with him. Big mistake!
I think my 2 older children are emotionally damaged by hearing our constant rows. The youngest was too young, well, not that young, 15. He was more concerned about where his next guitar would come from ?
Anyway, he left me, married the woman he was having an affair with, and I have to see them at family parties etc. I am single, so in the beginning it used to upset me, but not any more. I go with my head held high.
All the best flowers