Gransnet forums

Relationships

Why do I bother?

(56 Posts)
OliverZach Wed 18-Sep-19 06:14:51

Just embarked on an amazing holiday but after 3 days wondering what are life together is all about?
It may be just jet lag but DH seems determined not to interact. He knows I like local info & history but just walks on whenever I find information ( think info boards / blue plaques etc ) however if he finds something interesting, railway sidings, something to photograph, he stops & I, out of politeness or something stupid, stop with him. Why?
This pm I tried to explain that I wasn’t averse to a plan of his & suddenly he flipped it that I was having a go and degrading his plan!
What am I supposed to do except take a deep breath, rant online and carry on?
Please excuse the rant but I’m tired of being the scapegoat but don’t understand why I am?

JacquiG Fri 20-Sep-19 10:08:38

Because what he wants to do is more important than what you want to do. Typical male entitlement issues. Either find a way of managing it, or take separate holidays.

Anyone know why men get grumpy as they age? You see them marching round supermarkets, scowling and grumping like there was no tomorrow. Don't put up with it ladies.

jeanie99 Sun 22-Sep-19 08:18:53

My husband does the walking off thing which especially annoys me. This is home or abroad, I guess he is in his own world. We usually have to have THE TALK.
Been married 50 years next years so guess something must be working most of the time.

Urmstongran Sun 22-Sep-19 09:02:41

Sulkers (both sexes) only do it because they get away with their bad behaviour. They know who they can try it on with.
They also know which people won’t put up with it so they don’t do it to them - hence the Jekyll & Hyde personalities.

M0nica Sun 22-Sep-19 09:26:29

I find whether holidaying with DH or friends that at times we wnt to do different things so we do. It is never an issue, I can not see why it should be.

Nanny41 Sun 22-Sep-19 12:33:42

I live with a Victor Meldrew we always spirit up and enjoy our seperate things then meet up have lunch then maybe go our seperate ways again it suits us and stops arguments Thats life I suppose.