Gransnet forums

Relationships

Husband displaying infatuation

(55 Posts)
BlueBelle Thu 02-Jul-20 15:45:19

AGA you’re missing the point a therapist cannot have any ‘social dealings’ with a client there should never be any messages to delete The fact that they are having social interactions outside of the therapy is the part that is so worrying
Man or women can gain feelings for an opposite sex ‘helpful, kind, thoughtful’ therapist, doctor , nurse etc etc it’s not so much about him acting like a love sick teenager than the fact that he has obviously been encouraged in this by a two way process which should have been knocked on the head immediately
I would want to know more about the organisation that is employing her as her behaviour is unprofessional and unforgivable and needs reporting

Introvert55 Thu 02-Jul-20 15:45:10

BlueBelle

Well to start with any bone fide therapist would not accept gifts off a client and after such gifts had been offered and (hopefully refused) the therapist would ask for the client to be seen by someone else’s so personally I m unsure whether this therapist is a trained and/or experienced worker I d be very cautious about the group she is working for and representing. likewise with texts or phone calls which should be work related only ie reminder of an appointment or concern of a missed appointment
Perhaps look into the organisation sounds very remiss and unprofessional

BlueBelle, thank you, I had not considered that aspect. As it is, she is a self-employed physio so I guess she is a law unto herself somewhat.

AGAA4 Thu 02-Jul-20 15:32:41

You don't say what age your husband is but I think men as they get older fear losing their looks and masculinity.

The therapist will be giving him her attention, professionally, and it could be making him feel attractive again. There is nothing like an attractive young woman to bolster male ego.

A bit concerning that he deletes her text messages and maybe you should ask him about that.

This is probably just what you think. An infatuation and it will end as most infatuations do.

BlueBelle Thu 02-Jul-20 15:26:48

Well to start with any bone fide therapist would not accept gifts off a client and after such gifts had been offered and (hopefully refused) the therapist would ask for the client to be seen by someone else’s so personally I m unsure whether this therapist is a trained and/or experienced worker I d be very cautious about the group she is working for and representing. likewise with texts or phone calls which should be work related only ie reminder of an appointment or concern of a missed appointment
Perhaps look into the organisation sounds very remiss and unprofessional

Introvert55 Thu 02-Jul-20 15:02:09

I'm not very good at reading people but I think after 25 years marriage, I should be able to sense when my husband seems different. Without going into detail, it would appear that he is infatuated with his therapist who is about 15 years younger than me and extremely attractive. He has given her gifts in the past, deletes his text conversations with her, and the other day I was in the car with him and he thought he'd driven past her and I've never seen him so animated - he virtually jumped out of his seat and cricked his neck to see her (despite driving down the road at the time). Turned out it wasn't her anyway.
We've always been really close and it is upsetting for me to think that she might be on his mind. Has anyone else had this experience? What do I do?