Gransnet forums

Religion/spirituality

Secrets hidden

(70 Posts)
eninn Thu 21-Jun-12 02:54:15

Is the day when the scientists are able to know what the man is thinking of and what he is hiding from people coming? This is what the scientists hope but what is the truth? Let us read?

Scientists from Britain, Germany and Japan finally managed to read the mind and what the person think of! They have used imaging device using magnetic resonance, (Magnetic Resonance Imaging MRI) after doing many amazing experiments.

They have asked a person a question which has the answer of either yes or no, and the MRI always showed the area of the brain related to the question. If the answer is yes, a specific area in the brain will be activated and the device will immediately detect this activation, whereas if the answer is no, another area of the brain will be activated and consequently detected by the device.

A real photo of the brain taken by MRI showing the activation of specific areas of the brain during thinking of a certain matter, each area is specialized with one type of ideas. When a man is asked a question like, do you love this person or not?, The device detects the area responsible for yes or no answer before the man answers, as soon as thinking starts, the device will detect the answer and show on a computer monitor the glowing area of the brain from which the answer can be detected!! Surely using software specialized for this purpose.

Therefore, this device is used to tell you what you think of!! But the experiment still in the primary stage and the question is: can scientists one day reach to know all things the men think of?

Professor, Colin Blakemore says "we should not be very optimist at this stage, because experiments are at the start of the way. However, other scientists say that we could read people's mind and intentions and know their passion and plans.

Anyway, dear reader, I do not think that these experiments will develop on large scale, as Allah the Almighty says: "Allâh knows the fraud of the eyes, and all that the breasts conceal" (19: Gafir). this noble verse confirms that hidden things of the person is known by nobody except Allah, the Almighty, but techniques may develop and enable scientists from reading some of the person's mind through the brain but will not be able to know for example the person's tenet.

jeni Sun 24-Jun-12 12:58:14

I find it all fascinating! And I wasn't upset, don't worry!

eninn Tue 26-Jun-12 18:43:15

the purpose of this thread is

allah alone
Know
Any person

In what to think

allah says in the Quran
34. Verily, Allah! With Him (Alone) is the knowledge of the Hour, He sends
down the rain, and knows that which is in the wombs. No person knows what he will earn tomorrow, and no person knows in what land he will die. Verily, Allah is All-Knower, All-Aware (of things).

59. And with Him are the keys of the Ghaib (all that is hidden), none
knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in (or on) the earth and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but he knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record.

60. It is He, Who takes your souls by night (when you are asleep), and has knowledge of all that you have done by day, then he raises (wakes) you up again that a term appointed (your life period) be fulfilled, then in the end unto Him will be your return. Then He will inform you what you used to do.

jeni Tue 26-Jun-12 18:45:24

sad

Anagram Tue 26-Jun-12 18:51:22

Well, it's only what most Christians believe about their God, after all.

jeni Tue 26-Jun-12 18:52:43

Sparrows!

Anagram Tue 26-Jun-12 19:09:49

Pardon?

jeni Tue 26-Jun-12 19:24:54

Sparrows falling to the ground and your Father knows! Consider also the lilies of the field!

Anagram Tue 26-Jun-12 19:29:15

Oh, yes!

Greatnan Wed 27-Jun-12 06:43:02

Even before I became an atheist at 12, I used to wonder what was the point of god knowing when a sparrow fell if he still let it fall! I wouldn't have dared to ask the nuns, though, I would probably have got the strap.

What is really interesting is the power of the mind over the body. I remember one report of some students in America who were forcing a new student to take part in an initiation ceremony for a fraternity. They hooded him and told him they were going to decapitate him. Then they allowed a drop of icy water to fall on his neck and he died. Heart attack from fear?
I think they were prosecuted for involuntary manslaughter.

nanaej Wed 27-Jun-12 06:54:44

I am not sure the OP is necessarily Muslim. There have been some posts on other forum by people trying to stir up anti Islamic views. I guess this cold be one of those!
You could substitute God when it says Allah and find biblical quote to support the Judeo/Christian view that God is the only being that can see into the heat/mind of man!

IMO all tosh!

Bags Wed 27-Jun-12 07:01:34

All the abrahamic religions are essentially the same. Same god, same proselytising. Sigh.

Joan Wed 27-Jun-12 08:07:02

Oh well, if they must bore us with tales of their imaginary sky friend, so be it. Quoting all these references as if they are fact is laughable, whether it be the bible or the koran or whatever.

Greatnan Wed 27-Jun-12 09:13:22

I used to find it quite amusing to talk to Jehovah's Witnesses. They would say 'It is in the Bible' and give me (literally) chapter and verse. When I replied 'But I don't believe in the bible, it is just a collection of man-made stories' they were completely flummoxed. Polite, though!

Annobel Wed 27-Jun-12 09:21:52

I was canvassing in a local election and knocked on the door of some JWs. They politely explained that they didn't vote so I suggested that they pray for me (what a hypocrite I was). When I looked at the numbers we took at the polling station, I realised that the husband had voted - not necessarily for me, of course. He was the nice man who serviced my washing machine. When I moved north and again stood for election, this time in a winnable seat, I met some other JWs and found them to be very stand-offish.

eninn Wed 27-Jun-12 20:37:44

Message deleted by Gransnet.

whitewave Wed 27-Jun-12 20:39:20

Thought for the day folks!

Anagram Wed 27-Jun-12 20:51:56

I think that counts as proselytizing.

whitewave Wed 27-Jun-12 20:54:34

It certainly counts as coming under "trying too hard"

jeni Wed 27-Jun-12 21:03:49

Reported!