Gransnet forums

Religion/spirituality

Are you as moral as you think you are?

(112 Posts)
MawBroon Fri 24-Feb-17 11:31:32

Are you as moral as you think you are?
grin (Please don't anybody go off on one because they have taken it literally )
This test has only one question, but it's a very important one. By giving an honest answer, you will discover where you stand morally. The test features an unlikely, completely fictional situation in which you will have to make a decision. Only you will know the results, so remember that your answer needs to be honest.
THE SITUATION:
You are in Florida; Miami, to be specific. There is chaos all around you, caused by a hurricane with severe flooding; in fact,a flood of Biblical proportions. You are a photojournalist working for a major newspaper, and you are caught in the middle of this epic disaster. You are trying to shoot career-making photos.
The situation is nearly hopeless. There are houses and people swirling around you, some disappearing under the water. Nature is unleashing all of its destructive fury.
THE TEST:
Suddenly you see a man in the water. He is fighting for his life, trying not to be taken down with the debris.
You move closer. Somehow, the man looks familiar. You suddenly realize who it is: Donald Trump.
At the same time you notice that the raging waters are about to take him under forever.
YOU HAVE TWO OPTIONS:
You can save the life of Donald Trump,
or
You can shoot a dramatic Pulitzer Prize winning photo, documenting the death of the world's most powerful man, hell-bent on the destruction of the USA.
THE QUESTION:
Please give an honest answer.
Would you select high contrast color film,
or
Would you go with the classic simplicity of black and white?
grin

Anniebach Fri 24-Feb-17 11:34:26

Save trump

gillybob Fri 24-Feb-17 11:45:05

Yup me too Anniebach smile

Alima Fri 24-Feb-17 11:48:17

Colour film.

Christinefrance Fri 24-Feb-17 11:48:24

Yes but that was not the question was it?

Ana Fri 24-Feb-17 11:56:06

I think I'd go for the classic back and white shot, simple but dramatic.

(Trump would be too heavy for me to haul out...)

mcem Fri 24-Feb-17 12:02:57

Classic!

hildajenniJ Fri 24-Feb-17 12:10:33

High contrast colour film.

But I'd also try to save a life, no matter who's life it is.

durhamjen Fri 24-Feb-17 12:17:27

You'd have to have colour for the hair.
I am not supposed to carry anything weighing more than 5 kilos.
That would make it trump's life or my life if I carried more.

Jayanna9040 Fri 24-Feb-17 12:25:28

Definitely black and white. To reflect his attitudes.......

rosesarered Fri 24-Feb-17 12:30:20

Oh colour every time ( otherwise everthing looks set in 1940) grin and as I am small, somebody of his weight would submerge me in attempting a rescue ( otherwise I would help, of course)wink

Greyduster Fri 24-Feb-17 12:42:09

Definitely black and white; no subtle shades with The Donald. No subtlety at all in fact.....

Elegran Fri 24-Feb-17 13:27:06

I can't swim. I would shout as loudly as I could "Look! he is going down for the third time!" so that any swimmer within earshot could get close enough to check that it was indeed him before deciding on a rescue.

Colour definitely, to catch the subtle highlights of the flashes of lightning reflecting off his hair. Video would be even better, for the dramatic image of him struggling against the tide, and perhaps the view of a Mexican swimming in the opposite direction to reach dry land in the great US of A.

durhamjen Fri 24-Feb-17 13:30:33

This is weird. My grandson said when the weather bomb was said to be coming over here, "I wonder if it will get trump on its way?"

Grannyknot Fri 24-Feb-17 13:34:05

Interesting that this joke has resurfaced. Robert Mugabe has been reported as being in a similar situation in the past! (caught in a flood) grin

Cherrytree59 Fri 24-Feb-17 13:38:40

Why not both.
Cameras are digital now.
With ability to do speech bubbles
What would be in the speech bubble.....??hmm

Rinouchka Fri 24-Feb-17 13:44:05

I can't swim either so would have to save myself and call for help, snapping whatever photo I could as I tried to get out of danger.

If I could swim, I would have to save him but his weight on my 8 stone frame might herald the end of me!

MawBroon Fri 24-Feb-17 14:05:48

That was NOT the question Rinouchka!

yggdrasil Fri 24-Feb-17 14:15:14

I got to the end, and am still laughing. Some people here seem to have missed the point entirely :-)

MawBroon Fri 24-Feb-17 14:43:48

I know <sigh> wink

DanniRae Fri 24-Feb-17 15:55:39

Very amusing MawBroon - I am still chuckling grin

Rinouchka Fri 24-Feb-17 16:11:08

Ok Maw, then classic Black + White but would still get help!!

grannypiper Fri 24-Feb-17 16:17:41

I like your humor MawBroon

Ana Fri 24-Feb-17 16:36:57

Yes, rather a lot of bet-hedging going on there! (I'm guilty as well...wink)

Jayanna9040 Fri 24-Feb-17 16:54:34

Keep 'em coming Broon. You've no idea how I've missed that impish humour! ?