Gransnet forums

Religion/spirituality

Prince Andrew and the Moral Law

(203 Posts)
Alexa Tue 28-Jan-20 17:26:07

I'd love it if Prince Andrew went to America to face the music, because I'd love to have someone as famous as he showing a moral lead Tell the truth and shame the devil.

annep1 Wed 29-Jan-20 11:47:29

legal advice does not address issues of morality

Would you like to comment Anniebach

trisher Wed 29-Jan-20 12:17:39

I suspect along with legal advice there is a lot of RF PR work going on about how best to sell this to the great British Public. PA's last attempt being an utter disaster. No M&H have gone they'll be looking for something else to keep him off the front-page. Wedding/baby/engagement anyone?

endlessstrife Wed 29-Jan-20 12:35:28

Thank you to those who see my points. Of course I’m not talking about disabled or underprivileged in any way. Those people are just getting back what they’ve paid into the system. Does the queen pay tax? I think not.

Iam64 Wed 29-Jan-20 12:40:49

I seem to recall the Queen has been paying tax for some years.

I don't support Andrew, he seems a not very bright individual with a sense of entitlement and ego that does nothing to make me like him.

However, if he was a member of my family, I'd be advising him to get good legal advice to clarify exactly what it is the FIBs want to question him about. I'm not defending any of his alleged or real life behaviour but being honest.
Yes, morality matters a lot but in As case, that horse bolted years ago.

annep1 Wed 29-Jan-20 12:50:17

I don't think I'll join in the income and tax debate. It's been done so many times kn GN and we just gi round in circles imo.

Wedding/baby/engagement anyone? ?

annep1 Wed 29-Jan-20 12:50:43

kn on

annep1 Wed 29-Jan-20 12:55:42

gi go!!

You can tell I've got things on my mind today.

suziewoozie Wed 29-Jan-20 13:10:57

To be accurate ( yes I know spoilsport) the Queen pays income tax on a voluntary basis but we have no idea at what rate. The same is true re capital gains tax but only on gains made since 1993. She also pays voluntary inheritance tax. So far, do very normal.

As for legal advice, if he were giving a witness statement he would be able to have his legal representatives in with him and they would coach the life out of him beforehand. However, given his TV interview and his arrogant stupidity, they are probably terrified of what he’d say.

Alexa Wed 29-Jan-20 13:31:01

"Issues of morality", Suziewoosie, is why I chose the 'religion' section as you probably surmise.

I don't expect or even want the royal family to be saints. I do expect them to be more intelligent than the norm because they have all had expensive educations. I see I will have to be less accepting about what passes for a 'good ' education.

I do expect the lesser members of the royal family to be as professional as the Queen if they are to continue acting in the Windsor family firm. I doubt if Prince Andrew is as intelligent or well educated as the Queen but he nevertheless might be an honourable, brave, and kind man which would be very good for all of us as an example, as PA is so much in the public eye. I can actually imagine Prince Andrew as a champion of socially deprived teenagers. I have a lively imagination.

suziewoozie Wed 29-Jan-20 13:35:18

What are you on Alexa? Can I have some please? ?

Iam64 Wed 29-Jan-20 16:49:27

Blimey Alexa, you'd need more than a lively imagination to imagine PA as a champion of socially deprived teenagers. On the evidence before our eyes, P A is neither intelligent, honourable, brave or kind.

Why do you believe the Q had a better education than her son? In fact, she was barely educated, as with the case with so many aristocratic girls. She had to educate herself when she unexpectedly became Q so young and had to improve her ability to communicate with heads of state. (yes, I've been watching the Croine).

Alexa Wed 29-Jan-20 20:20:47

Iam64, the adult person 's life shows to what extent their moral and intellectual development happened. The Queen cannot be other than well educated and currently well informed. She has shown herself to be so on countless occasions and no doubt she is still capable of learning, as she shows no sign of intellectual decrepitude.

Prince Andrew got into trouble which is a fact. He shared a convict's lifestyle at least to some extent. There is a reason for this. It matters that we find the reason which may be that the Prince's education through life was lacking in one or more respects . How else can one account for behaviour other than by reference to how a person was nurtured?

Prince Andrew may still be capable of learning. It matters for the future of the monarchy that Prince Andrew retrieves his reputation . If he went to America and told the truth there he would be honoured .

Anniebach Wed 29-Jan-20 20:56:58

Nurtured ? So every mother who posts about their worries over their child we all reply - it’s all down to nurturing,

suziewoozie Wed 29-Jan-20 20:58:07

annie ???????

annep1 Wed 29-Jan-20 21:20:36

The queen was not well educated Alexa. (I too watched The Crown. Loved it)
Are you saying parents are totally responsible for how their children develop. It's all totally down to nurture? I think you would need to support that statement.

Iam64 Thu 30-Jan-20 08:24:59

Alexa, I apologise in advance if I'm wrong about this but - are you a genuine poster.

Iam64 Thu 30-Jan-20 08:25:48

Just to add, I have an Alexa in my kitchen. She often misunderstands our conversations.......

timetogo2016 Thu 30-Jan-20 08:28:42

He won`t.
But he may just HAVE to.
He thinks he is above the law and so up his own backside.
The longer this goes on the more guilty he looks.

Anniebach Thu 30-Jan-20 08:33:29

More guilty ? surely it’s guilty or not guilty , not more guilty
or less guilty ?

suziewoozie Thu 30-Jan-20 09:07:09

Oh annie I rather think the concept of guilt (like those of justice and morality) are somewhat more nuanced and complex than you perhaps want to acknowledge in your ongoing blinkered support for Andrew and his mother

Anniebach Thu 30-Jan-20 09:15:24

suzie I am not supporting him, I think to say the queen should tell him what to do is daft,

Anniebach Thu 30-Jan-20 09:16:48

To say more guilty, or a bit guilty is no different to a bit
pregnant.

annep1 Thu 30-Jan-20 11:29:56

^More guilty ? surely it’s guilty or not guilty , not more guilty
or less guilty ?^
Here we go again..... Does it really matter? I think you know what it meant Anniebach.

And why is it daft to suggest the queen should tell him what to do?

pinkquartz Thu 30-Jan-20 11:36:13

If intelligence was linked to education why are many of the Old Etonians so stupid?

Intelligence is something you are born with, education gives you the means to build with it and use your brain.
No much brain showing In our current PM or many MP's ditto Princes. Harry and Andrew

suziewoozie Thu 30-Jan-20 11:46:14

All you ever do re PA annie is pick holes in any criticism of him. Or did I miss your post where you said

‘he has demonstrated appalling judgement and let the country and his mother down in continuing to see JE after he was convicted of sexual offences. Furthermore, attending his parties where it appears young women were available for much older men, whether he partook or not, is not acceptable for a senior royal and Christian. He should now do the decent thing and offer to be interviewed’

When did you post that ?