Gransnet forums

Religion/spirituality

Tarot reading has worried me

(150 Posts)
ineedamum Wed 29-Jan-20 20:11:14

I have used this tarot reader several times over a few years and he has generally been accurate- specific dates and predictions have been correct eg redundancy,

This time he has predicted I may lose my job this May, a bullying manager is involved and a blonde woman helps him. This is because he got the fallen tower, 10 of swords and five of pentacles cards. The manager will say I'm underperforming etc

I have googled these cards and they aren't good- meant to be the worst in the whole lot.

I do have a bullying manager, the HR person is a blonde woman and I'm still on probation. It is also a step up and whilst I'm capable, I need training and he isn't supportive.

I don't want to lose a job after 6 months when it is a step up.

How can I stop worrying?

FannyCornforth Sat 07-Nov-20 08:29:58

Esspee I don't know if the rolling eyes are directed at me or OP;
I posted because I thought that the timings were interesting.

Esspee Sun 08-Nov-20 07:41:35

FannyCornforth No, not directed at you. I was astounded at how many responses confirmed that there are still people who believe this twaddle. Sorry I didn't make that clear.

FannyCornforth Sun 08-Nov-20 09:27:37

Esspee - thank you, no worries! smile
I do wish that op would come back!
I feel all James Randi (blushthat really hasn't come out as expected!grin)

nanna8 Mon 18-Jan-21 10:49:17

I’m one of the school that believes it is absolute garbage and dangerous garbage at that because people get hooked on this nonsense. When I was a young uni student we used to have seances until some of the stuff started to scare us. The mind can do strange things and I actually believe all this stuff is wrong.

Elegran Mon 18-Jan-21 11:28:04

This thread was started a year ago. Seeing it resuscitated, my immediate thought was exactly the same as my reaction to the title then, "Well, stop reading it then!"

Stormystar Wed 20-Jan-21 15:13:05

Surely the point is that many people do look for guidance outside themselves. In the stars, lucky totems prayer etc. They need reassurance and support because their not trusting in their own wise hearts to guide them. Ineedamum Breathe deeply put you hands on your beautiful wise heart and listen. You do know what’s best for you in all situations listen and Trust - in yourself.

MadFerretLady Sat 13-Feb-21 22:21:42

Tarot readers are pretty much people readers and pick up on signals people give... nothing is ‘written’ as such... we create our own destiny really...

Liagrat89 Thu 10-Jun-21 16:28:29

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

MawBe Thu 10-Jun-21 16:30:07

With all due respect - tosh.
Dismiss this for the rubbish it is and ignore it.

Chestnut Thu 10-Jun-21 17:32:57

Reading this thread, there are so many people posting who say they know for sure that it's all rubbish. I'm afraid nobody knows anything for sure!
There are a lot of charlatans around - of course there are, and nobody would deny that - but there are also many things we don't understand. So in fact no-one can actually claim they know this is all nonsense, they can only believe it is nonsense, just as someone else can believe there is some truth there somewhere.
Who actually understands all there is in heaven and earth?

Alegrias1 Thu 10-Jun-21 17:56:54

How does it work then Chestnut?

Nessiogs Tue 28-Dec-21 07:33:30

It is critical situation that is happen with you. Sometime it is goes against our expectation because their confidence is higher than you. So you have to wait till their mood change but you have to hard work to overcome

Oopsadaisy1 Tue 28-Dec-21 08:02:28

Another Zombie thread.

rainbowqueen Fri 25-Feb-22 18:47:04

Have you thought that losing your job might lead to new opportunities? This could be something really beneficial to you. Looking up the cards on Google is never a good thing - the cards need to be read in conjunction with other cards in the reading, and where in the reading they are. If you have used this reader before, then you must trust him. Go with the flow and trust that all will be well.

Kali2 Fri 25-Feb-22 18:51:15

harrigran

You let your life be governed by tarot card readings ? you really need to take yourself in hand and stop pursuing mumbo jumbo.

This, 100%.

yvonnesauve14 Fri 15-Apr-22 23:03:07

Esspee Fri 15-Apr-22 23:10:13

Reported

Smileless2012 Sat 16-Apr-22 08:59:03

I reported it too Esspee.

DiscoDancer1975 Sat 16-Apr-22 09:06:28

yvonnesauve14

I have been unlucky playing the Lottery over the years. I couldn't take the pain anymore and I searched for help online. I saw random positive reviews of DR AMBER saying how he has been helpful with his spells. I visited his webpage: ( amberlottotemple.com ) and he told me what was required to get what I seek for done and I accepted. He did a reading for me that made it clear to him that I was going to become a MEGA JACKPOT winner and he gave me the right numbers to play the Lottery. I had faith in him and I went back to the store a few days later to confirm if I had won and while the clerk was checking my ticket, I heard her say ‘Oh my God! I looked up and saw the Big Winner screen of $36,449,852.60. I was completely shocked, but calm. It feels amazing – I can’t imagine this shift in my life and I want to appreciate this man DR AMBER for his help. It’s not everybody that is naturally lucky to win the Lottery but the solution to win is DR AMBER. For more info Call/Text/Telegram +1 808 481 5132 or E-mail: [email protected]

Is it still April fools ????

DiscoDancer1975 Sat 16-Apr-22 09:07:22

What garbage....but nice try!!

avitorl Sat 16-Apr-22 20:51:29

Could Dr Amber do the same for me? Even if I don't do the Lottery?

Elegran Sat 16-Apr-22 21:38:28

Elegran

This thread was started a year ago. Seeing it resuscitated, my immediate thought was exactly the same as my reaction to the title then, "Well, stop reading it then!"

The post I quote was posted Mon 18-Jan-21 11:28:04. More than a year later my reaction is a repeat of a year ago, which itself was a repeat of my immediate thought when the thread was started.
A Tarot reading has worried you? Ignore it, and don't ever get another one! They are meant to worry you, so that you come back to check whether the danger predicted has gone away!!

Liagrat89 Tue 08-Nov-22 07:21:01

Grantanow Sat 21-Jan-23 23:25:05

Join a union. Keep a record of any bullying. Think about a change of job. Ditch the Tarot reader.

LRavenscroft Sun 22-Jan-23 08:50:57

Please, please, please stop having these cards read. No disrespect but there is no more meaning in them than you trying to read your future in the runes, clouds, tea leaves or waves. I personally would go and see a life coach and ask for some simple directions on boundaries, self care, health and the passive/aggressive continuum. We are talking about real life here not a pack of cards. All the things that are said to the querent are generalities which could apply to anyone - a dark haired woman, a handsome man. They work on generalities that could apply to anyone. Also, tarot readers are very clever at cold reading from the perfume you wear to the anxiety in your eyes. Go live your life and enjoy it authentically. Sorry to be so harsh but believe me I do know from experience.