Gransnet forums

Religion/spirituality

Kill Coronovirus with Prayer

(129 Posts)
NannyC2 Tue 10-Mar-20 14:27:29

Turn to prayer for protection against the present virus. There are prayers for pestilence used in the past. Trust in the Lord.
In a letter from Padre Pio to the seers of Garabandal, he gave the following advice ...." Pray and make others pray because the world is at the beginning of its perdition. They don’t believe in you or in your talks with the Lady in White; they’ll do it when it's too late."

So, many are unaware that we are all moving towards a
personal encounter with God.
A warning will come first from which many will die - not from anything physical but from emotion within the heart as the inner warning, felt by everyone, will be a time when each person sees before them, the good and the evil they have committed in their lives. The realization of what they have done will be just too much to bear for many.
At the outset, a sign will appear in the sky which will be alike to 2 comets crashing.

On the 29th of March 2020 there will be a re-dedication of England to Mary.
In 1381, England was dedicated to Mary by King Richard II and was 'set apart for her among the nations. This year, the Christians of England are called to make a personal dedication to Mary, taking up her example as Christ’s first disciple.
History shows us that when the people pray a surrender to God’s will for their lives, society is transformed. By taking up this personal dedication in 2020, you can be a part of the renewal of this nation, drawing ourselves closer to the will of our loving God, through Mary.

People have turned away from God .....but it is not too late.
As a Christian I have to try to help people turn back to God. There are those who will not listen ....for many reasons, but we cannot give up the fight to save others.
God Bless and protect you.

vampirequeen Tue 10-Mar-20 15:01:24

Are you really suggesting that all we have to do is pray and we won't get coronavirus?

pinkquartz Tue 10-Mar-20 15:03:50

will that cover the non Christians?

vampirequeen Tue 10-Mar-20 15:05:50

I bet they prayed long and hard during the Black Death. Didn't help them much, did it?

Neilspurgeon0 Tue 10-Mar-20 15:10:11

Yes VP I rather think she is. Frankly I would rather stick to common sense even if standing in front of the bathroom mirror singing Happy Birf D’y to me twice while I wash my hands feels daft wink I do think it shows I am doing something, rather than just wringing my hands and hoping some eternal ineffable, force might just happen to notice little me and wave his magic wand grin. At worst it makes me laugh, at best it kills the damn virus, which is more than praying will do

DoraMarr Tue 10-Mar-20 15:12:07

Nanny you are obviously a devout Christian and derive a lot of comfort from your faith, just as others of different faiths do from theirs. You have been courageous in posting this, as an act of witness. However, there are many on this site who have a different faith or none at all. Rationally, we can do what we can - handwashing, self-isolating if we feel ill.

TrendyNannie6 Tue 10-Mar-20 15:13:23

With the best will in the world, and no disrespects to your beliefs, I don’t think praying is going to stop people getting the Coronovirus, in all the months of Sunday’s,

MerylStreep Tue 10-Mar-20 15:20:52

Well it didn't work for all the Italians that have died, did it.
The Pope ( who I'm told is very close to god has done a lot of praying in the past few weeks. How do you square that one, * NanyC2*

vampirequeen Tue 10-Mar-20 15:22:42

"History shows us that when the people pray a surrender to God’s will for their lives, society is transformed."

When? What times in the past? Can I have some examples please?

Summerlove Tue 10-Mar-20 15:24:22

You can’t be serious

Manmar2 Tue 10-Mar-20 15:30:39

What nonsense.

mumofmadboys Tue 10-Mar-20 15:31:54

I am a Christian too and believe in the power of prayer. God has also given us scientific minds ( well some of us have scientific minds!) and has shown us ways to help ourselves. So sensible precautions are really important as well as praying and asking God how we can best serve others in these difficult times.

Oopsadaisy3 Tue 10-Mar-20 15:41:54

I try to respect other people’s beliefs, so I tried to read the OP to the end.

So, I might pray, but I’ll still be washing my hands and doing everything to prevent me or mine having a personal encounter with God.

I hope and trust NannyC2 that you are doing the same, to not do so would be very unchristian in my view.

grannyactivist Tue 10-Mar-20 15:48:35

Oh, mumofmadboys, posts like yours are why I really wish we had a ‘like’ button. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Eglantine21 Tue 10-Mar-20 15:56:44

Didn’t Richard II die a rather horrible death?

mumofmadboys Tue 10-Mar-20 15:57:39

Thanks grannyactivist

Eglantine21 Tue 10-Mar-20 16:01:00

Oh 1381. I knew it rang a bell. That was the Peasants Revolt when King Richard ordered the slaughter of his subjects for protesting against cruelty and starvation.

Truly a pious man and an example to follow😱

Anniebach Tue 10-Mar-20 16:05:38

I am a Christian, I spend time in prayer and reading scripture,
I am sorry but the O/P makes me uncomfortable

AGAA4 Tue 10-Mar-20 16:07:42

If praying makes you feel better Nanny C2 then it can only be a good thing for you. I will just trust in the precautions we have been given to avoid catching this virus.

Chestnut Tue 10-Mar-20 16:12:18

NannyC2 Where do you get this information from? It is not what is normally taught in Christian churches so what faith are you following?

Charleygirl5 Tue 10-Mar-20 16:14:11

Having had religion rammed down my throat from an early age I found the OP unbelievable. I also have a scientific mind so I will follow hand washing etc.

If I relied on prayer to save me I would be long gone.

Chestnut Tue 10-Mar-20 16:17:16

Can you tell us more about the re-dedication to Mary on 29th March. Who is doing this and how does it actually happen? It is not clear from your post where this information comes from or how it takes place.

phoenix Tue 10-Mar-20 16:21:21

Will make note to see what actually happens on March 29th, nothing currently showing on the calendar regarding a dedication of England to Mary.

(If it does happen, will the Scots, Welsh and Irish feel a bit miffed and left out?)

Charleygirl5 Tue 10-Mar-20 16:24:03

phoenix I am Scottish and could not care less.

Oopsadaisy3 Tue 10-Mar-20 16:24:06

It’s the Roman Catholic Church , if you google it there is a rededication to Mary in March I can’t see anything about colliding comets though.

There is a FB Page all about being cured by prayer