Gransnet forums

Religion/spirituality

Kill Coronovirus with Prayer

(130 Posts)
NannyC2 Tue 10-Mar-20 14:27:29

Turn to prayer for protection against the present virus. There are prayers for pestilence used in the past. Trust in the Lord.
In a letter from Padre Pio to the seers of Garabandal, he gave the following advice ...." Pray and make others pray because the world is at the beginning of its perdition. They don’t believe in you or in your talks with the Lady in White; they’ll do it when it's too late."

So, many are unaware that we are all moving towards a
personal encounter with God.
A warning will come first from which many will die - not from anything physical but from emotion within the heart as the inner warning, felt by everyone, will be a time when each person sees before them, the good and the evil they have committed in their lives. The realization of what they have done will be just too much to bear for many.
At the outset, a sign will appear in the sky which will be alike to 2 comets crashing.

On the 29th of March 2020 there will be a re-dedication of England to Mary.
In 1381, England was dedicated to Mary by King Richard II and was 'set apart for her among the nations. This year, the Christians of England are called to make a personal dedication to Mary, taking up her example as Christ’s first disciple.
History shows us that when the people pray a surrender to God’s will for their lives, society is transformed. By taking up this personal dedication in 2020, you can be a part of the renewal of this nation, drawing ourselves closer to the will of our loving God, through Mary.

People have turned away from God .....but it is not too late.
As a Christian I have to try to help people turn back to God. There are those who will not listen ....for many reasons, but we cannot give up the fight to save others.
God Bless and protect you.

Alexa Fri 20-Mar-20 20:47:58

As long as the praying hands are frequently washed too.

SalsaQueen Fri 20-Mar-20 21:08:46

NannyC2 So much for prayers......... the Covid-19 is spreading all over the place. Countries on lockdown, children off school, bars, clubs, restaurants, cinemas, libraries, leisure centres, all shut. Perhaps you need to pray a bit more grin. Nonsense.

Elegran Fri 20-Mar-20 21:15:36

Praise the Lord, and pass the ammunition.

Lavazza1st Fri 20-Mar-20 21:20:15

In these times, if people want to pray, are willing to pray...surely that's a good thing. People that don't have faith are not being asked to pray. Having faith, developing faith is a conscious decision. Choosing to keep believing in hard times is called a test of faith, especially when others are ridiculing you for your beliefs.

In these times, I am thankful to have something to believe in, to have faith. There will be those who ridicule faith, whatever faith it is because they don't understand. If they had faith they would not ridicule. I don't try to convince anyone because I think I'm "better" (I don't) but seeing as having faith has been scientifically proven to increase wellbeing, which in turn can improve immunity- sharing hope and faith CAN be a good thing.

Surely ANYTHING that anyone finds beneficial during hard times should be celebrated, not attacked. No one who has faith is superior. We all make mistakes, but we should be attacking coronavirus with our stinking good health and positivity, not attacking each other.