Gransnet forums

Religion/spirituality

WORDS FROM THE CROSS

(55 Posts)
Anniebach Mon 06-Apr-20 09:51:10

Father forgive them for they know not what they do.

NannyC2 Fri 10-Apr-20 12:49:53

Christ so loved the world that he gave up his life for each and everyone of us - no greater love can there be.

Following His terrible torture they hung Him on a cross until eventual death from exhaustion and asphyxiation. (He also knew what it was like not to be able to breathe - something to reflect upon.

We then have the joy of his resurrection and promise of everlasting life - death has been defeated once and for all.

It is so important to remember to be kind to one another, tender-hearted and forgiving each other just as God in Christ also has forgiven us.

We will get through this current virus and it is showing how kind and considerate we can be to each other. Time to reflect what really matters in our lives.

Bless you all x

Doodle Fri 10-Apr-20 16:08:48

Thank you annie and for the poem. It’s one I think of often when I am feeling low I think of all the suffering of Jesus and how he died to save us all. x

Toadinthehole Fri 10-Apr-20 16:17:09

It’s good to read all these. It takes something like this to remind us who exactly is in charge. God bless you all and keep you safe.

Grannmarie Sun 12-Apr-20 13:38:17

Easter blessings to all.