Gransnet forums

Science/nature/environment

Time to ban gun sports

(80 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Fri 25-Sep-20 10:53:34

A young golden eagle was fitted with a tracker and release this year.

He disappeared and his tracker was subsequently found wrapped in lead in a grouse moorland stream.

There has been footage of harriers being trapped and killed on television. Burning the moor every year releases tons of carbon into the atmosphere along with destroying habitat and untold species of reptiles, insects birds etc.

This simply cannot continue just for the pleasure of shooting a gun at some hapless bird.

It is disgusting and should be stopped.

Furret Tue 29-Sep-20 11:36:25

Really? I thought I was simply defending my post from your criticism of unfairness, but referring you to the OP.

Alegrias Tue 29-Sep-20 11:46:13

Yes, really. Your post from 22:30 last night was quite confrontational, at least in my view. You don't win people over by picking fights with them.

You can defend whether or not it was fair, but suggesting I might like to stay off the thread, and was burying my head in the heather, are just a little bit rude, don't you think?

Anyway, carry on.

Furret Tue 29-Sep-20 14:56:03

I intend to. You are not the forum police and I recognise passive aggression when I read it. I’m way too canny for rise to your baiting.

?

Alegrias Tue 29-Sep-20 15:26:08

Oh for goodness sake. I didn't want to be associated with your aggressive questioning of another poster and I said so. Now let's move on.