Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Highlighting all OP posts, as on Mumsnet

(59 Posts)
Maggiemaybe Wed 15-Jul-20 08:31:16

There have been calls on here over the years for all posts on a thread by the original poster to be highlighted, as they are on Mumsnet, which makes it easier to follow the progress of the discussion.

Mumsnetters now have the facility to choose to see all posts by the OP at the click of a button, which is even better, imho. It gives users an idea of whether reading the full thread is worth the time and effort. smile

Do others agree that we seem to be falling behind here?

Bathsheba Wed 15-Jul-20 22:45:03

I’m surprised that others can see all the OP’s posts in green on their iPhones. I only see the first post highlighted, then all my own in pink. Perhaps it’s because my phone’s an old one.

I have an iPhone X, and I only see the first post highlighted. I have never understood why some say they can see all the subsequent posts by the OP highlighted in green. Simply doesn't make sense to me.

Nannylala Wed 15-Jul-20 23:09:49

I have a newish Huawei phone and I see the OP's first post highlighted in green plus all subsequent posts by OP are highlighted in green, makes it much easier to follow the thread x

JackyB Thu 16-Jul-20 08:13:22

Chewbacca

I'm on a Samsung tablet. Only post that's highlighted for me is the Ops first post and thats green. My posts are pink. (I'd prefer blue but I suppose that's out of the question)?

GNHQ's posts are blue!

Chewbacca Thu 16-Jul-20 08:40:16

GNHQ's posts are blue!

I was just angling for promotion JackyB! grin

lemongrove Thu 16-Jul-20 09:01:54

JackyB

Chewbacca

I'm on a Samsung tablet. Only post that's highlighted for me is the Ops first post and thats green. My posts are pink. (I'd prefer blue but I suppose that's out of the question)?

GNHQ's posts are blue!

I’m mainly on ipad and the same for me the top OP in green, my own posts in a pinky colour and all others white only.

Chewbacca Thu 16-Jul-20 09:18:50

You're not angling to get promoted to blue as well are you Lemon? hmm

lemongrove Thu 16-Jul-20 09:27:29

Well......?

Maggiemaybe Thu 16-Jul-20 11:15:49

Watch your back, Lara, you’ve got competition! grin