Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Trolls trolling

(107 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

FannyCornforth Tue 27-Apr-21 11:45:11

Hello there
It seems that there a few jokers on the site
See headphone thread and Christmas thread
I get the feeling that there is more to come
Thank you

FannyCornforth Tue 04-May-21 13:14:31

Puzzler I'm not commenting on the trolls, I'm criticising HQ for their lack of monitoring.

FannyCornforth Tue 04-May-21 13:16:18

The troll posts are still there after 2 hours and 15 minutes.
It's not acceptable

Puzzler61 Tue 04-May-21 13:16:37

I didn’t want you to be upset by it, that’s all Fanny.
I think we know moderators are thin on the ground ?
but they do their best to police it considering it is a free site.

JaneJudge Tue 04-May-21 13:17:43

the cock one is still there

3nanny6 Tue 04-May-21 13:19:01

JaneJudge I see that you have put a print out of a hack.

I was wondering what had been happening as the only message I was receiving was Host Error and I could not access the sight.
I have only been able to get on here now.

FannyCornforth Tue 04-May-21 13:20:43

Oh thank you Puzzler! I'm really not upset at all thanks
I'm just a bit cross to be honest, that's all.
The thing that will encourage the daft beggars (trolls, not HQ - joke!)
is the fact that they have been so successful. They've had a right laugh and plenty of time in which to have had it.

FannyCornforth Tue 04-May-21 13:22:00

JaneJudge

the cock one is still there

There's loads still there.

Puzzler61 Tue 04-May-21 13:22:22

Thanks Fanny - ? for you too. It is mighty annoying but it seems to happen online everywhere ?

Oldwoman70 Tue 04-May-21 13:31:31

What these idiots forget is that most of us were teenagers in the 60s/70s and there is very little we haven't said, heard, seen and done and that if they had just a quarter of our experiences it would blow their minds wink

FannyCornforth Tue 04-May-21 13:34:56

Oldwoman I was a teenager in the 80s/90s, so between us the pair of us, I think that we've covered every eventuality! ?

JaneJudge Tue 04-May-21 13:45:29

I suspect my adult children think I AM OLD whereas my Mum most probably thinks I'm young wink

JaneJudge Tue 04-May-21 13:49:05

well the person is still posting on the natural painkillers thread. Is this all to do with that odd thread last week?

crazyH Tue 04-May-21 13:52:38

Age and beauty are relative - I remember sitting in the ground floor office, looking out of the window,seeing a couple of teenagers, and thinking aloud “oh I wish I were their age again” .....my elderly boss looked at me and said “oh I wish I were your age again” - ?

hazel93 Tue 04-May-21 14:00:42

Oldwoman70

What these idiots forget is that most of us were teenagers in the 60s/70s and there is very little we haven't said, heard, seen and done and that if they had just a quarter of our experiences it would blow their minds wink

Exactly.
Being thought of as an idiot simply due to my age angers me hugely. Life may not always bring wisdom but it certainly can smell a rat .

FannyCornforth Tue 04-May-21 14:01:22

JaneJudge

well the person is still posting on the natural painkillers thread. Is this all to do with that odd thread last week?

Three hours now! It's ridiculous!

Mollygo Tue 04-May-21 14:07:04

Could this be a job for GN posters? Does admin need some of the posters on here on the staff? Perhaps we would have more time available to deal with things. It is irritating to see things there hours after reporting.

FannyCornforth Tue 04-May-21 14:10:42

Molly mumsnet have volunteers called the Night Watch who 'work' overnight. They are able to hide troll posts.

Mollygo Tue 04-May-21 14:13:36

Thanks FC
OK-so we already have NightOwls who are awake at all hours. Could we be of some use?

FannyCornforth Tue 04-May-21 14:59:49

Four hours now

AmberSpyglass Tue 04-May-21 15:01:41

If Mumsnet and GN can’t afford to pay their forum moderators then they probably shouldn’t be running a web forum.

FannyCornforth Tue 04-May-21 15:05:20

Amber I have said this over and over again, I am convinced that this site goes unmonitored on a regular basis for prolonged periods of time.
I wouldn't like to be an advertiser looking at the site today.

ixion Tue 04-May-21 15:07:16

Can anyone explain, please, why it should take so long?
(Genuine question, just ignorant of such matters).
I have nipped through the active posts myself and noted the infiltrated posts.
I have noted the common names.
That's a start.
Don't you just then delete them?
?‍♀️

Doodledog Tue 04-May-21 15:10:45

Do people wait to get the newsletter before looking at GN? I don't understand that at all.

Jaxjacky Tue 04-May-21 15:12:35

Unfortunately this type of thread gets them attention, which is what they’re after.

AmberSpyglass Tue 04-May-21 15:12:58

Maybe if MNHQ didn’t keep losing their advertisers for their support of anti-trans posts, they could afford to hire a moderator for GN...