Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Will GNHQ institute a policy of putting the date of publication on its feature article pages please?

(44 Posts)
ElderlyPerson Mon 01-Nov-21 17:49:41

Will GNHQ institute a policy of putting the date of publication on its feature article pages please?

The full date please, in the format

Weekday day_number_as_an_integer month_in_words year_using_four_digits with no abbreviations and no commas.

For example

Monday 1 November 2021

for a feature article published today.

muse Tue 02-Nov-21 09:39:58

I agree with your suggestion EP.

A daily GN thread this year started to put the date, month and year into the title. It used to only have the day. It makes it much easier to search for a particular GM thread now. When the search facility actually works?. I recall many posters at the time saying what a useful addition it was.

I hope GNHQ take notice of your request.

Skybubble Tue 02-Nov-21 09:41:58

Thank you for raising this EP, I think it would be helpful to have the date as quite often I go to read something that I have already read.

ElderlyPerson Tue 02-Nov-21 09:44:44

ElderlyPerson

Galaxy

Oh and EP if you are asking them for things whilst you are there will you remind them about the feminism topic we requested grin

Yes certainly. I am replying to you now and then I will try to report my post to GNHQ and ask if a forum on Feminism can be added please.

I have now posted the post and reported it to GNHQ and asked if a forum on Feminism can be added please.

PollyTickle Tue 02-Nov-21 09:50:27

Sounds like a good idea to me. I quite often start to reply to something only to find that it’s over a year old and the original poster is long gone
I know I could look at the date of the first post but it would be much easier if the date appeared with the thread title.
Another possibility is that GNHQ suggest that we put date before title when we start a new thread.

ElderlyPerson Tue 02-Nov-21 10:01:04

MayBeMaw

^Oh, I am not seeking to impose anything^

On the contrary, your thread title Will GNHQ institute a policy etc etc etc is precisely that.
No policy as such is required.

The thread title is as follows.

> Will GNHQ institute a policy of putting the date of publication on its feature article pages please?

It is a question, asked politely. It neither imposes, nor seeks to impose, anything.

GNHQ is a business activity. People work there. GNHQ generates articles. A business generating publications needs, and has, policies relating to such publications - length, style guide. So the house style rules of GNHQ of adding the date and the format of the date and where to position the date in the article are a policy.

MayBeMaw Tue 02-Nov-21 10:07:46

I don’t think this is about threads PollyTickle but the GN articles on the Home Page if you ever look at that.
I don’t.

Jaxjacky Tue 02-Nov-21 10:11:48

Not a bad shouts for threads too though?

ixion Tue 02-Nov-21 10:17:18

I too am confused by the phrase feature article pages.

Does it refer to the maroon banner directly under the Gransnet Logo (starting Forums and ending More)?

That's one I never use - it would be interesting to find out if anyone else does?

PollyTickle Tue 02-Nov-21 10:19:08

Oh, I misunderstood. Sorry

ElderlyPerson Tue 02-Nov-21 10:30:58

ixion

I too am confused by the phrase feature article pages.

Does it refer to the maroon banner directly under the Gransnet Logo (starting Forums and ending More)?

That's one I never use - it would be interesting to find out if anyone else does?

If one goes to the home page,

www.gransnet.com/

then scrolls down the page there are pictures and links to feature articles.

Each of those articles is on a feature article page.

ixion Tue 02-Nov-21 10:41:18

Ah, thank you.
I never enter the website by typing in www.gransnet etc, just use the shortcut on my home page screen to get me direct to the Forums - which is the only reason I am here!

That's why I was confused.

MerylStreep Tue 02-Nov-21 10:45:07

Now now Maw your a big girl now and it’s time you knew the truth, a shock it might be but you’ve just got to suck it up. ?

PollyTickle Tue 02-Nov-21 10:59:40

Me too ixion

ixion Tue 02-Nov-21 11:06:31

FOMO, Polly, FOMO ?

ElderlyPerson Tue 02-Nov-21 11:29:22

Fomo sounds like it is a small island near Venice. smile

JaneJudge Tue 02-Nov-21 16:04:57

Mollygo

JJ it’s a bit like Covid-but with GN instead.
Some people think things could be done better, some don’t, and the PTB aren’t listening.
Fortunately, with GN, any outcome isn’t going to seriously affect the nation.

Thank you for explaining. But who are the PTB? grin

MerylStreep Tue 02-Nov-21 16:09:38

JaneJudge
That would be Powers That Be.

JaneJudge Tue 02-Nov-21 16:11:09

ohhhh smile