Gransnet forums

Site stuff

HQ - the new flying video ads are driving us bonkers!

(82 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

Mamissimo Sat 20-Nov-21 09:58:23

There's a thread about these new flying video ads already but it's a site construction problem. My guess is it was not tested properly. What's the point of ads that block the forums? If your traffic drops because of them your advertising revenue will drop. Can you get them under control please? Seems to be a desktop problem.

Calistemon Mon 29-Nov-21 22:56:29

I keep forgetting and turning up the sound when I want to listen to something else.

Then the popup adverts blare out at full volume - they appear so suddenly and they're so loud they make me jump!

Jaxjacky Tue 07-Dec-21 07:19:59

Anything happening about these please? They’re getting worse, as in more frequent.

Oldnproud Tue 07-Dec-21 08:39:25

Mine aren't quite as bad now - there are still a lot, but the sound isn't playing on all of them.

Before , every single one was noisy, but at the moment it's only about one in ten.

One of the noisy ones has just come up while I have been typing this - the sound started a few seconds before the video appeared on screen, so I couldn't even close it straight away!

Oldnproud Tue 07-Dec-21 16:42:53

FFS

I FORGOT TO TAKE MY EARPHONES OUT BEFORE COMING BACK TO THIS ​THIS SITE.

ANOTHER OF THESE B****Y ADVERTS HAS NEARLY DEAFENED ME!

eazybee Tue 07-Dec-21 19:09:39

I don't get any noise, but the adverts are dreadful. At the moment there is a man in a cheering football crowd, with half his face covered in grey fungus. Or perhaps he is having a stroke. Then the wretched bottle of cleaner is poured down the sink. No idea what is going on but I am SICK of them.

Mamissimo Tue 07-Dec-21 19:15:53

They're still driving us nuts HQ......please can you update us on what you're doing to sort it?