Gransnet forums

Site stuff

A thread not appearing in I m on

(12 Posts)
StarDreamer Mon 01-Aug-22 16:49:25

I was looking down the active list around ten minutes ago and I saw that the thread

LINK > Huh, I could have made that!

had had a post today.

It was not in my I'm on list.

I found that there had been three posts today.

I then posted, and the thread is now listed in my I'm on list.

Does anyone else get this happening please, with any thread?

JackyB Mon 01-Aug-22 17:58:25

Yes, I can't remember any actual samples but I am sure I have posted to more threads than appear in "I'm On".

Not to mention the "Active" list which seems to include active threads at will - sometimes you have to post two or three times, refreshing after each post, to get it to appear on the list at all, or at least anywhere near the top. A comparison of the times and dates of the last post on those threads sometimes shows how arbitrarily the system works.

silverlining48 Mon 01-Aug-22 18:57:43

Our hip operation thread is once again tucked among those older posts from 3 or 4 hours earlier. Often it doesn’t appear at all, so anyone interested has to seek actively seek it out via the Forums. I don’t understand why this keeps happening.
Clearly ours is not to reason why .....

StarDreamer Mon 01-Aug-22 20:18:21

.... if we find the answer, pigs might fly!

Farmor15 Mon 01-Aug-22 22:55:39

I mostly use “last day” on Gransnet - it gives posts in order of time posted. I don’t know why some posts appear in “Active” and others not, so I prefer “last day”. I think “I’m on” only shows threads one recently posted on, not all.

DaisyAnne Mon 01-Aug-22 23:08:11

Good tip Farmor, thank you. I had just assumed subjects were weighted on the "Active" list.

FannyCornforth Tue 02-Aug-22 07:54:21

The Active List has not worked for well over a year.
There have been at least three threads about it

FannyCornforth Tue 02-Aug-22 07:56:08

Here’s one started by vegansrock
www.gransnet.com/forums/site_stuff/1301214-Why-do-some-topics-not-move-up-the-active-thread

FannyCornforth Tue 02-Aug-22 07:57:32

Here is Maw’s
www.gransnet.com/forums/site_stuff/1297752-Why-do-threads-no-longer-appear-in-time-date-order-on-the-Active-list

FannyCornforth Tue 02-Aug-22 07:59:04

WhiteWave’shttps://www.gransnet.com/forums/site_stuff/1297756-How-do-I-bump-up-threads-as-they-are-showing

FannyCornforth Tue 02-Aug-22 08:00:50

And mine from June 2021
www.gransnet.com/forums/site_stuff/1296925-Royal-threads-hidden

Yammy Tue 02-Aug-22 10:23:07

I tend to use the daily one. I often don't get Gransnet through until the afternoon so have to use the day before.
You would not believe this the auto queue keeps changing gransnet to Transnet if you forget the capitol G.
Please no remarks on my spelling.