Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Unwanted gransnet videos.

(167 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

eazybee Mon 10-Oct-22 14:56:26

Is anyone else's screen infested with 'Gransnet videos', the current one called Am I Being Unreasonable? concerning a wedding? I have reported it.

crazyH Thu 10-Nov-22 14:16:13

I had some strange message yesterday about gold coins, but it soon disappeared.

Millie22 Thu 10-Nov-22 14:18:08

Well that's not much help is it.

So they know they are 'causing some frustration' 🤔

A great way to keep people off the forums.

Grannynannywanny Thu 10-Nov-22 14:29:46

I’ve just taken a screenshot of my iPhone screen. It’s 75% covered by an ad and a video clip. To make matters worse the video clip is an old interview with bloody Boris Johnson!

What’s the point in bombarding the site with outdated rubbish?

Wheniwasyourage Thu 10-Nov-22 15:44:18

Report your post, Grannynannywanny. If nothing else it'll make them pay a bit more attention, and you can put a message in with your report.

Grannynannywanny Thu 10-Nov-22 15:59:00

I’ll do that Wheniwasyourage

LilyGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 10-Nov-22 16:56:43

Hi all

We appreciate the screenshot. Can we just check what happens when you click the X on both ads?

Wheniwasyourage Thu 10-Nov-22 17:47:18

There isn't an X on the video which appears in the middle of the page (laptop). The one at the bottom right closes when you click the X, but comes back when you go on to another thread.

eazybee Thu 10-Nov-22 17:50:47

I click the x on the small add in the RH corner and it disappears, to be replaced by another one. (not at this moment)There is no x on the large centre screen one, and they are becoming more and more intrusive, particularly the one about an exhibition at the RA.

Grannynannywanny Thu 10-Nov-22 17:55:08

I find sometimes the X will close the ads but not so at other times. The latest video clip to pop up across my screen is “Activities and tips to survive lockdown”

Seriously??

HeavenLeigh Thu 10-Nov-22 17:57:35

Nope I’m on iPad haven’t seen them

Mizuna Thu 10-Nov-22 20:42:32

What on earth is the benefit in having out-of-date adverts/features? I just don't understand why you, GNHQ, are determined to keep pushing this new format of advertising when it's plainly irritating and counter-productive? If you have a marketing company advising you I'd give them the boot.

DanniRae Sun 13-Nov-22 09:40:12

DanniRae

LillyGransnet - Can you please remove the videos of men and women strutting about in very colourful underwear. I am finding it quite offensive. If you remove it it just reappears straight away angry

It's still on!! angry

JackyB Sun 13-Nov-22 12:06:27

I can close the ad in the middle of the thread by clicking on the "X" but it leaves a place holder the same size as the ad, so there's not much point.

B9exchange Wed 29-Mar-23 15:58:42

This has only just started happening to me, the pop up video is driving me mad, please GN get rid of them!

grandMattie Wed 29-Mar-23 16:11:29

There isn’t an axon the larger one, on my iPad. I agree the ads are infuriating, more so, the video ones…

BlueBelle Wed 29-Mar-23 16:31:05

So now for a good few weeks I have also had these invasive awful videos right in the middle of the posts plus a smaller one at the bottom They are awful and make it very unpleasant to view the posts