Gransnet forums

Site stuff

HQ is it really acceptable ....

(220 Posts)
suziewoozie Thu 23-Jan-20 12:22:34

to post any story at all about Meghan and Harry no matter how lacking in evidence from whatever gutter source? Can they just be libelled by posts on GN because it’s open season on them and they therefore have no rights? Opinion is one thing but on here it’s now often inseparable from lies.

Lucca Thu 23-Jan-20 12:32:01

Well said. I have no personal acquaintance with h and m or any other royals and I’m guessing that’s the case for most people on GN. I am therefore amazed at the comments claiming to know what any of them “think”!

suziewoozie Thu 23-Jan-20 12:34:19

But tbf I accept that there will be posts purporting to know what they think (as pathetic as many of of these are) but to post outright lies is another thing altogether.

suziewoozie Thu 23-Jan-20 12:35:33

It’s like there’s a collective madness on GN atm

SarahCGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 23-Jan-20 12:35:46

Hi, libel is definitely not okay on Gransnet. If there are any posts which you think violate our guidelines please report them to us and we will take a look.

Esspee Thu 23-Jan-20 12:36:27

I am so sick of posts about the pair of them. Surely there are more important things to be discussing.

suziewoozie Thu 23-Jan-20 12:39:55

OK I’ll report the libellous post about their involvement in the TV show but quite frankly Sarah is there not a case for HQ to just oh I don’t know just remind GNers that H and M are real people with a little baby who should not just be a punch bag on GN?

rosenoir Thu 23-Jan-20 12:40:11

I too am amazed at some of the comments from people that "know" what the royals are really thinking, what their plans are and how they feel about situations. Those posters will argue with each other over who is making the decisions in the relationship between Harry and Meghan.

I do find it amusing though that the posters get in such a state about it, when they really dont know what they are talking about.

suziewoozie Thu 23-Jan-20 12:41:10

Well yes Esspee but there clearly isn’t but lies?

suziewoozie Thu 23-Jan-20 12:43:53

Sometimes it’s amusing but overall it’s ptofoundly depressing.

lavenderzen Thu 23-Jan-20 13:11:46

I have had discussion regarding this with HQ but in the main it is allowed to carry on. I find it surprising and depressing.

paddyanne Thu 23-Jan-20 13:23:10

surely as they're paid from the public purse they are open to criticism? Before you jump in with it being his father who funds him...who funds his father ? All money the RF have has one way or another come from their subjects...horrible word....if they dont want to be public property then they should hand back everything they've had from the public ...simples

suziewoozie Thu 23-Jan-20 13:24:17

lavend a discussion about libel or the pleather of bile in general?

suziewoozie Thu 23-Jan-20 13:25:57

Oh Paddy my point is about lies - you think it’s OK to post lies? Come on I thought you were better then that.

merlotgran Thu 23-Jan-20 13:26:19

Suziewoozie Are you really trying to control how and what we can post about?

Just because you don't agree with the comments? shock

suziewoozie Thu 23-Jan-20 13:28:59

Don’t be so pathetic merlotits posting LIES that I’m complaining about.

suziewoozie Thu 23-Jan-20 13:33:39

Unfortunate run in there Metlot?

MerylStreep Thu 23-Jan-20 13:35:20

Suziewoozie
Everything I've read on the Harry and Megan threads is only repeated from what posters have read in the national press.
If there is a libel case to be pursued, it starts with the media.

Artdecogran Thu 23-Jan-20 13:43:43

Suziewoozie would you have burnt books in Germany as well? Surely if you don’t like the thread then you shouldn’t read it. We really don’t need you to censor us. Who are you to judge whether comments are lies or not? Perhaps gransnet needs to post a list of suitable items to discuss. Most conversations go along quite happily until someone like you and your cohorts come along and start attacking commentators you don’t agree with and not actually adding to the comments. And now you involve HQ, how disingenuous of you. You are like the leader of a gang of bullies gathering support for your cause. For some of us who live on our own gransnet is a source of help, information, support and yes ‘gossip’ about things that are currently in the newspapers. We don’t have anyone else to chat to and topical discussions are something that we can all talk about, something we have in common. It gives us a chance to stretch our brains that we normally wouldn’t have, a link to the outside world so we don’t feel so isolated. I have started reading conversations with one view point and by the time I’ve read the comments I’ve changed my mind. Why can you not live and let live and stop causing trouble. Or perhaps by my very reply I have given you what you wanted.

merlotgran Thu 23-Jan-20 13:43:48

Are HQ aware of the lies and insults you hurl at posters, Suziewoozie?

hmm

suziewoozie Thu 23-Jan-20 13:49:48

^crafty* didn’t quote any source at all did she? Because there wasn’t one stating what she posted. Art ??? here we go- invoke the Nazis ???Any poster can report any post of mine they want.

lavenderzen Thu 23-Jan-20 13:53:50

susie about the general tone of threads.
We are all entitled to our opinions, but I just found it very hard to read some of the things and not to feel upset about it. Just me being over sensitive probably. Better to not read them at all I suppose. However now, despite feeling that H & M should do what they feel is right with regard to their family in the beginning and I have said so on various threads, and I still believe that, as time has gone on I start to feel quite uneasy and worried about what the outcome is going to be for them. I just hope they will find the peace and happiness they want.

merlotgran Thu 23-Jan-20 13:53:58

This is a thread about a thread.

suziewoozie Thu 23-Jan-20 14:00:44

No it’s a thread about the the acceptability of lying.

Anniebach Thu 23-Jan-20 14:05:47

I reported a post which said Prince Andrew was a peodophile,
I was concerned it would cause this Forum problems, I was told it was acceptable it hadn’t been been against a poster.

If stating someone is a peodophile is acceptable surely repeating what is in the press is acceptable?