Gransnet forums

Sponsored discussions

Please note: This topic is for discussions paid for by Gransnet clients. If you'd like to have your own paid for discussion thread, please feel free to mail us at [email protected]. If you are a journalist, start-up or student and you want to request feedback from gransnetters, please post in Media Requests.

NOW CLOSED Take a look at the E.ON Rewards loyalty scheme and share your thoughts to be in with a chance of winning a £250 JL voucher

(91 Posts)
KatieBGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 22-Apr-13 14:28:04

E.ON has a loyalty reward scheme which rewards customers for staying with them.

Here's what E.ON says about the scheme: "If you're an E.ON customer and you've been with E.ON for a year or more you could be rewarded for staying with us. You have a choice of taking rewards as Tesco Clubcard points or money off your bill. Further rewards are on offer for managing your account online or taking both fuels from E.ON. All you need to do is change to one of E.ON's tariffs with rewards."

E.ON would like you to visit their website and read the information on their rewards.

Here's the link: https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/products-and-services/EON-rewards

Please then return to this thread and tell us what you think, in particular:

- What do you think about loyalty reward schemes generally?

- What do you think about E.ON rewards? Would you prefer money off your bill or Tesco points?

Everyone who adds a comment to this thread will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will receive a £250 John Lewis voucher.

Thanks and good luck,

GNHQ

messenger Mon 06-May-13 20:52:51

To GNHQ...this is BLATANT advertising a Company/product which has often been upbraided by yourselves is this a case of 1 rule for us/me and another rule for you as I have been on the recieving end of GNHQ vitriole in the past I am seriously ANGRY.angry

Nonu Mon 06-May-13 21:17:06

Messenger , I agree with you big time , in fact i have thought so for the the last few days .

I have now reported , what are gnhq THINKING OF ?

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 06-May-13 21:19:13

As we are sure you will appreciate - running a website that is free to its users does not come cheap. Sponsorship and paid-for advertising are what enable us to continue.

We don't allow anyone (individuals or companies) to advertise for free on our main site simply because it wouldn't be fair to allow some to do it and not others - and because by allowing everyone to do it for free would mean there would be no Gransnet.

We do allow free listings on our local sites. Anyone wishing to bring their business (etc) to users' attention on the main site is very welcome to get in touch with us about sponsorship and advertising opportunities.

debbief Mon 06-May-13 21:23:51

I am an Eon customer,the reward points come in handy but would rather have a cheaper bill,I have had several "talks" with them and don't find their customer services are any better than anyone else's but it is nice to see a company reward it's loyal customers not just enticing new customers .

lastkisstoo Mon 06-May-13 21:26:24

I think loyalty rewards schemes are a great idea, they definitely encourage me to visit the retailer that will give me something extra for my money.
However, if I felt that I was actually paying for my 'rewards' then I would feel cheated and as a result would shop elsewhere.
I am an EON customer and opted out of the Tesco Clubcard Scheme. Having to pay more to get the points totally negates the benefits, I would much rather have the money in my pocket every month.

Nonu Mon 06-May-13 21:28:38

Hey, messenger , now we know , you haven"t been around for a while , how you doing ?

Things are good with me and mine .

grin

westendlad Mon 06-May-13 22:29:10

I love loyalty reward schemes.
I switched to EON because they give clubcard points. I convert these to Avios and upgrade my family to flat beds in business class for our long haul summer holiday.
A few pounds off my bill every month wouldn't really be noticed - I much prefer the added benefits of rewards.
After reading the various messages on this thread, everyone has a different way of utilising them for themselves and their family - thats the he great thing about them.

snare Mon 06-May-13 22:49:20

I like the option of receiving the clubcard points but the price is the most important issue as to who I have as my provider smile

becky0306 Mon 06-May-13 23:20:29

I used to be with E.ON and would particularly have liked to get the money off my bill rather than getting Tesco points. And in general I'm not a big fan of loyalty rewards, I think that companies won't give you anything for free anyway, and even if they do, they'll make sure to make up for it in some other ways. So, it's always better having cold hard cash rather than some often not-needed points.

mushypea Tue 07-May-13 05:50:48

I've had a good read and have concluded that it doesn't seem much of an incentive. I really like 'loyalty schemes' in general, but this isn't really offering enough to make me want to switch supplier. I like the idea, and hopefully over time it will develop into something that is more attractive to the consumer (goodness knows, we need it!)
Energy suppliers are fortunate as most of us need to buy energy from one of them. In the past they haven't really tried that hard to win and keep customers so it's good that they are offering us some sort of 'perk' even if it doesn't appeal across the board.

Elleceebee Tue 07-May-13 14:33:10

I think loyalty schemes are a bonus but not usually good enough to influence where I shop or buy my utilities from. I tend to research the whole package and the scheme would have to be fantastic to win over price and service.

Whilst the E.ON loyalty reward scheme is attractive it would probably not influence my final decision of whether I stay or move when comparing tariffs.

defairmans Tue 07-May-13 15:07:12

I used to be with e.on but when we moved house, we switched to EDF, which has better monthly pricing for what we need, but the bonus rewards are not as great. I used to love getting the Tesco reward points. I think I would have preferred the money to go off the bill, however, if the reward was equal to the clubcard reward. The company I am with now has a monthly reward draw but the prizes are for voucher codes with a conditional spend. I never both as the prizes are useless.
I love loyalty cars and reward schemes and think every provider should use them.
Having looked at e.on's scheme again, I kind of wish I was still with them. I might call and get a quote to match my current deal, just because I would really like this type of reward system again.

Thegamer Tue 07-May-13 15:29:02

I have checked the website and not really impressed enough to switch suppliers.

I like the idea of vouchers etc but other than prices are not too competitive.

newgolddream71 Tue 07-May-13 15:51:40

I dont think its fair that the rewards are not available for prepayment customers seeing as they are charged more

KatieBGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 08-May-13 11:55:48

Thank you for all your comments. The winner of the prize draw is...

Funkyferret

Congratulations, I'll PM you for your details.