Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Whiskers - how do you deal with them?

(79 Posts)
Smurf52 Thu 16-Nov-17 11:02:57

Isn't it awful that we get those nasty bristly things on our upper lip and chins. I've been grappling with them for around 10 years. Initially I tweezered them. I tried the hair remover strips but either i wasn't doing it right or they dont work properly. Then when I had more cash available I went to beauty salons and had the lip and chin wax. Now I'm retired I can't afford that any more it's back to tweezers. I have tried a small shaving implement called Flawless which is great for quickness but i get a stubble unless I do it twice a day. My sister was my late mother's carer and used to shave her chin every day. When my sister went away for 2 weeks on holiday my mum (who was in her eighties) had a growth on her chin that would make a navy officer proud - I dread my chin getting that much hair when I'm old. What do other grans do with their whiskers?

DanniRae Mon 20-Nov-17 10:46:59

Mine too loopy. It's to do with - whisper it - our age I think. I certainly don't bother with shaving my legs or bikini line this time of year. wink

K1mbeatham Tue 21-Nov-17 22:17:38

Yep, and the tweezers need to be tweezerman. Best ever even for very fine hair

Nanawind Thu 23-Nov-17 16:20:07

I have just purchased a Smooth Touch women's hair Remover. It cost £10 from Amazon.
It's small can fit in my make up bag. Tried this morning and it has removed the little bug***s from top lip painlessly. Left it feeling smooth.
Will try the rest of my face later.