Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Fake Tan

(54 Posts)
Teetime Sun 27-May-18 09:40:34

Wishing to gain a healthy glow without putting my already wrinkly face in the sun I purchased some Clarins Radinace-Plus Golden Glow Booster £20) drops which you add to your normal moisturiser at night. Well and good it works IF you follow the instructions!! I am now a bit orange and am now off to exfoliate myself back to a more normal tinge!

Gma29 Tue 12-Jun-18 08:44:53

I too have used the fair shade Dove fake tan (the one in the gold tube). It doesn’t smell unpleasant, and moisturises well. It does need 2-3 days of application to get much colour, but I didn’t want to go for the dark shade!

The only downside to it, is it does leave the skin feeling a bit sticky for a few hours, and looking at the reviews, others have said the same. I was worried it would transfer onto clothes etc, but it doesn’t.

Jalima1108 Tue 12-Jun-18 18:42:34

I used it twice and didn't notice much change - so will keep going! smile

It didn't seem to be sticky, perhaps I didn't use enough - or perhaps it is better not to use too much in one go and build it up gradually.

lemongrove Tue 12-Jun-18 23:11:40

I used to use Dove, but have discovered L’Oriel Sublime Bronze Summer Glow Lotion Medium tan , it’s brilliant.
I am a fair skinned blonde and it looks right on me.
No need to moisturise first, just use it.
I use a little on face and neck, and legs and feet.Strangely my arms never need it and tan with just being around the garden or out for walks. If your face or legs are particularly dry then do moisturise first.