Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

My comfiest shoes ever

(80 Posts)
MawBroon Sat 02-Jun-18 14:17:11

This may be construed as advertising but who’s bothered!
I just wanted to share my delight at my second pair of Skechers Go-Walk as the best ever.
Not a stranger to Hotter, which I mostly love (although I only warm to a few styles) and Gabor Lady for my “posh” shoes which I can also wear all day long.
However these are like wearing slippers. Totally flexible, lovely squishy soles and so cheap.
I know I am in good company too as I spotted Dame Maggie wearing them in her film about Dames! smile

lemongrove Sat 02-Jun-18 14:20:16

Thanks for the recommendation Maw smile I will take a look at their site.

Welshwife Sat 02-Jun-18 14:24:48

DD says how comfy they are - must try some.

MawBroon Sat 02-Jun-18 14:27:17

I bought mine from <whisper> Amazon. Free delivery within 2 days smile

Alygran Sat 02-Jun-18 14:32:20

Fully endorse these. Bought some for a holiday in Scotland last year. Hardly had them off my feet. Both DDs and I had new ones for our recent Amsterdam trip. Just love them.

Marydoll Sat 02-Jun-18 14:33:17

I have managed eventually to persuade DH to try Sketchers, despite insisting that he will never find comfortable shoes. He now swears by them and has recently bought two pairs.

My rheumatologist suggested I try them, that's why I started wearing them, they are bliss. Happy feet.smile

BlueBelle Sat 02-Jun-18 14:43:15

I ve worn sketchers for a good few years and love them

gmelon Sat 02-Jun-18 14:50:04

They look great on.
I was admiring this style yesterday.
Are they well ventilated.

MawBroon Sat 02-Jun-18 14:57:50

The uppers are a sort of fabric mesh, so yes, I would say your feet don’t get hot and sweaty in them.
My MIL taught me to try to alternate pairs of shoes and never wear the same pair two days running.
I think that works if you wear shoes all day, but I try to remember to change into “house shoes” indoors, only slippers at bedtime.

Sar53 Sat 02-Jun-18 16:28:13

I bought a pair a few months ago to wear for a holiday, so comfortable. OH recently bought a pair, half price, and loves them. I will be buying another pair before long, it's good to find shoes thst I can wear all day.

Marelli Sat 02-Jun-18 16:44:14

I love my Skechers Go-walk(s). I have a couple of pairs. I did actually have 3 pairs but DH had heart-bypass surgery a couple of months ago and isn’t able to wear his usual boots yet, due to the ends of the leg incisions still being a bit ‘scabby’. I gave him my navy-blue Skechers, telling him they were unisex and they do fit him ok, even though he’s a size bigger than me.
I think I deserve another pair now, so I’m going to have a little peek at Amazon. ?

Grannynise Sat 02-Jun-18 17:33:16

Another Skechers go walk addict here. They are just as comfortable as slippers - and I'll be checking Axxxxx too if they're cheaper so thank for the heads up Maw

Nanah67 Sat 02-Jun-18 17:46:46

We are both huge fans..bought in Canada have about 6 pairs each..cost around 50 dollars each...unfortunately you cannot really wear them in winter as your feet would be too cold..new styles are now more like shoes. We love the cool technology in summer.

downtoearth Sat 02-Jun-18 17:51:28

Fully agree ...they never got to wear out though as the dog we had chewed them after about a weeksad

hildajenniJ Sat 02-Jun-18 17:52:03

I've got a pair in dayglow orange/pink. Not go walk, but air cooled memory foam. They are the most comfortable summer shoes I've ever had.

MawBroon Sat 02-Jun-18 17:53:59

Love that colour!
I think I ought to be on commission ??

merlotgran Sat 02-Jun-18 17:57:56

I'm a size 9 so I have to have men's. Same style but more expensive angry

Nannylovesshopping Sat 02-Jun-18 18:02:10

Jeeze they may be comfy, but my god they’re ugly!

MawBroon Sat 02-Jun-18 18:06:39

Ugly?

Too bad, me and my mate (Dame) Maggie think comfy is good.

Day6 Sat 02-Jun-18 18:32:02

Must admit, I have had several pairs of Skechers Go-Walk in the last three years and they do look like boats on my big feet. They are not terribly stylish, I do agree, Nannylovesshopping. I know my friends also rave about them but I have reservations.

Mine also make my feet feel a bit sticky and hot but apparently one of their virtues is that they are good shoes to wear without socks. Not the case for me, sadly. They go in the washing machine, which is good, so after this last week away spent walking they need freshening up.

I wish they were a bit more supportive. I find the uppers and soles very soft and squishy, I can walk well in them and they are lightweight, but I do prefer the harder soles of trainers which seem to absorb the shock of the stone pavement more.

Welshwife Sat 02-Jun-18 18:40:34

I must look out for these.
I have a pair of fabrics espadrille type shoes and every day or so I shake talc inside them and shake it around a bit like flouring a cake tin - makes them much more comfortable to wear in the warm weather.

Day6 Sat 02-Jun-18 18:44:05

Ah. Will try talc. Thanks for the tip. smile

maryeliza54 Sat 02-Jun-18 19:23:07

Do they come in different widths? I have very broad feet and take the wide fitting with Hotter

Bbnan Sat 02-Jun-18 19:40:56

A big fan of these but not the go walk ones.They have loads of styles but the one I prefer are the elasticated only which do expand with your foot. They have a lower front that does not sit on foot or ankle. I have a shoe insert that fits in perfectly. The men’s ones that are not go walk are a light comfortable summer shoe. They now have summer sandals.I use old ones as slippers they now have hundreds of styles.

shysal Sat 02-Jun-18 21:17:56

I never wear any shoes other than Skechers since having plantar fasciitis a couple of years ago. I have trainers, slip-ons, boots and just got a pair of sandals.