Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

The wind was whistling roond the trossachs

(54 Posts)
oldbatty Tue 20-Nov-18 19:20:03

In my leggings, that is. Recommendations for a pair of warm trews please.

Pittcity Tue 20-Nov-18 19:42:51

I wear my leggings under another pair of trousers. I have some fleece lined leggings from Primark.

MiniMoon Tue 20-Nov-18 19:43:57

Have you seen the winter leggings? Fleece lined! They are for sale all over the place. Just put in a Google search, and there you are.

sodapop Tue 20-Nov-18 19:46:45

Couldn't think of anything worse - a sweaty crotch.

M0nica Tue 20-Nov-18 19:48:54

I wear thick tights under everything - and socks.

Marydoll Tue 20-Nov-18 19:55:31

I got brilliant fleece lined denim jeggings from Lidl. They are so cosy.

merlotgran Tue 20-Nov-18 19:56:03

Do people wear tights under trousers or jeans?

I've never done that. If it's really cold I wear thick socks.

oldbatty Tue 20-Nov-18 20:04:56

ah but Monica, you have told us of your wonderous size 10 body. Therefore bulk is not an issue for you.

annodomini Tue 20-Nov-18 20:12:10

I have two pairs of thermal leggings bought from M&S two or three years ago. I usually wear cords in winter and the leggings go well under them.

oldbatty Tue 20-Nov-18 20:12:14

Mmmm nice ideas ladies, don't want to add bulk to the derriere.

M0nica Tue 20-Nov-18 20:17:19

What difference does that make to anything? Clothes do not get bulkier if you are a size larger, proportionately they are less bulky

merlotgran I certainly wear tights under jeans and leggings. Nice 60 denier smooth black tights, warm and thick.

I have Reynauds syndrome and although it only obviously affects my fingers, it can affect other parts of the body and both my legs and feet get cold very easily as does my upper chest, which is why in winter I live in polo neck sweaters.

oldbatty Tue 20-Nov-18 20:49:20

yes but one is loathed to add bulk to existing bulk.

M0nica Tue 20-Nov-18 20:56:23

60 denier tights are not that bulkygrin

BBbevan Wed 21-Nov-18 16:34:59

I wear thermal tights and thick socks under trousers. But only when it is really cold. Also a thermal vest. Not been cold yet.

Sparklefizz Thu 22-Nov-18 10:20:41

I feel the cold due to low thyroid and wear thick black tights under everything. Would wear 2 pairs if I had to. Actually thick black tights do quite a good job of "holding things in" like what they call "shape-wear". smile

Also wear long-sleeved thermal t-shirts under things, and lovely warm chunky scarves. Can't bear to be cold.

Kim19 Thu 22-Nov-18 10:21:14

Damart grade 5 thermals do it for me every time. Proper size hugs beautifully therefore not bulking at all.

Matelda Thu 22-Nov-18 10:37:51

I ‘m pleased to see the word crotch is still acceptable on Gransnet. My innocent review to M & S was rejected outright with the most dreadful warnings that I should never use such obscene language again.

shysal Thu 22-Nov-18 10:44:12

Matelda, grin

merlotgran Thu 22-Nov-18 10:49:52

Do you lot live up north?

I thought I was a nesh southerner but I will be going out today wearing jeans, no tights, ordinary socks and Skechers trainers. Not cold enough for boots yet.

Just a T shirt and jumper on top. Haven't decided which jacket to wear yet but it won't be the padded one.

It's 2° so maybe I'll wear a scarf grin

knspol Thu 22-Nov-18 10:57:25

Just bought some fleecy lined thermal tights from M&S, £15 a pair but worth every penny.

harrigran Thu 22-Nov-18 10:58:26

Silk long johns under trousers ensure warmth without bulk. In the olden days trousers used to be nicely lined, I have a pair of cashmere trousers with a silk lining needless to say they are getting on a bit now but love them.

GabriellaG Thu 22-Nov-18 11:11:27

Went to Waitrose at 8am, frosty cars and hard soil in the garden, hiwever, I wore thin leggings £2.80 Primark, white shirt under wool jumper, socks and ankle boots...and I was sweating glowing by the time I got home. Next time I'll forgo the jumper. blush

Katek Thu 22-Nov-18 11:15:43

I’m the anomaly.....currently wearing ordinary leggings from Tu and tunic top
(bare feet) I’ll add my Skecher Go Walks (no socks) a cardi and possibly a knitted snood type scarf when I go out. Friends are surprised if I wear a jacket. I’m very lucky not to feel the cold but then the downside is I don’t have much tolerance for heat. Managed to pass out with heat exhaustion in the middle of Edinburgh’s Princes Street many years ago. Not exactly tropical!

Culag Thu 22-Nov-18 11:18:52

Well we are all different Merlot, I live in the south and feel the cold. Today when I go out I shall have my Heatgen leggings on under my jeans! With socks. Can't wear tights though, can't bear them on my feet.

Jane43 Thu 22-Nov-18 11:19:28

Because my thyroid level is at the high end I don’t really feel the cold and would love to be able to wear thick woolly jumpers but they just make me hot.