Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Unusual maternity outfit

(116 Posts)
Nannylovesshopping Thu 07-Feb-19 22:46:53

Megan’s choice of outfit at the Endeavour awards, what was the stylist thinking? Is it a dress? Is it a shirt tucked in wrong?I have been liking her styling lately but someone missed the mark tonight!

Bigred18 Fri 08-Feb-19 08:33:38

I see the Aussie 'experts' are at it again. Saying today that Meghan is bound to be making major mistakes soon. Comments are from our two bit journalists, so please ignore.
Yes, that was a strange outfit but I recall reading before the wedding that Harry was going to be her stylist. I am disgusted by all the negative comments about Meghan - the Daily Mail on line should be taken off line!

PECS Fri 08-Feb-19 08:44:40

I had not seen any pics so looked it up. She looked fine to me... and for all the critics..no hand on her bump in all the pics I saw on line wink

Anniebach Fri 08-Feb-19 09:04:51

Just looked them up, don’t like her outfit.

Lily65 Fri 08-Feb-19 09:11:36

I really don't like it at all. The contrast in colour and the shape. Even the lovely Meghan looks uncomfortable in it.

merlotgran Fri 08-Feb-19 09:56:07

It looks like she was hired as a waitress, arrived in a uniform that was too short and shock, horror, heavily pregnant so they found a large black cloth to wrap around her middle.

Shame really because I normally love her style.

Nannylovesshopping Fri 08-Feb-19 10:12:24

merlotgran??

ReadyMeals Fri 08-Feb-19 10:15:12

I have often had the feeling Meghan's not wearing stuff that flatters her own shape. Since her pregnancy has been advanced I've not judged at all, as it's pretty hard to look great when you're a whale (my opinion only). But previously. I always think she should not wear those wrapover coats with the wide lapels, as they make her look kind of chunky as if she has no neck. Anyone else noticed this?

Sheilasue Fri 08-Feb-19 10:19:28

Think the press and tv make things worse for her,
I can only say just leave her alone.

BassGrammy Fri 08-Feb-19 10:21:06

I don’t like the outfit, but it must be a nightmare to be heavily pregnant and with the press and the public just waiting to jump in and criticise what you wear. Not many of us have been in her situation, knowing all eyes are on you, all the time, just waiting for something to write about. Presumably she was happy to wear what she did. I’m sure we have all worn outfits that could have been questionable, but usually no-one cares!

AdeleJay Fri 08-Feb-19 10:21:40

Megan seems to prefer unfussy looking clothes. She looks lovely & radiant in spite of the odd outfit.

Sheilasue Fri 08-Feb-19 10:24:19

I will say though on another matter my dd recently met HRH princess Anne, had very brief chat.
I did ask dd what HRH was wearing and she said she had boots tucked into trousers and wearing a camel coat, but most of all her hair was very corse. I said I think she is her own stylist unless she has a wedding, reception etc to go too.

Carolpaint Fri 08-Feb-19 10:34:30

The occasion was to honour maimed ex service men and women, her outfit was appropriate, a cool non revealing top, the latter stages of pregnancy is when we have our own high revving central heating, the long skirt with a vent and her trademark heels. So has the Hate Mail been out with their often mysogenist hatchets again? The occasion was the focus, put it into focus.

Barmeyoldbat Fri 08-Feb-19 10:36:27

Megan is never going to wear anything that makes everyone happy. So I see no point in discussing it.

Anniebach Fri 08-Feb-19 10:43:35

Let’s not make out Megan is the first to be critcised for some of her clothes. Fergie, Anne, P Michael of Kent, Eugenie,
Beatrice, Diana,

knspol Fri 08-Feb-19 10:45:15

I have always thought how lovely she looks but have to admit did not like the latest outfit. Agree with Merlotgran about the waitress look, shirt with rolled up sleeves just looked scruffy.

sarahcyn Fri 08-Feb-19 10:47:12

I guess it's meant to be a sort of nod at the white shirt etc ensemble she wore at the same event last year.

mabon1 Fri 08-Feb-19 10:48:28

Leave her alone, none of your business.I can only assume that you are perfectly turned out on e3very occasion.

crystaltipps Fri 08-Feb-19 10:50:33

Blimey not another Megan bitch fest about her clothes. Leave the woman alone.

merlotgran Fri 08-Feb-19 11:04:33

It's not a bitch fest. No need to over dramatize a discussion about a maternity outfit.

Nannylovesshopping Fri 08-Feb-19 11:06:08

mabonlgenerally yes, pot and kettle come to mind, as you very rarely have anything nice to say about anybody,crystaltipps a bitch fest?? Just my observation, hardly a hanging offence

Aepgirl Fri 08-Feb-19 11:06:12

Megan will wear whatever she wants, but I would advise her to wear shoes that actually fit her feet, not just because she likes them!

Hm999 Fri 08-Feb-19 11:15:52

I just looked at the photos again, (saw them earlier - didn't think anything of what she was wearing) and now I think the top of the skirt rose up a bit as the evening wore on or after she'd been sitting down. Love the shirt. Btw I too am fed up with the constant criticism, particularly the very spiteful comments in Daily Mail.

Lily65 Fri 08-Feb-19 11:25:31

I suppose I noticed it because it just looked kind of wrong. Usually she looks great.

123coco Fri 08-Feb-19 11:39:26

Why can’t people just leave her alone! She’s an independent young woman who know her own style. Yes OP I’m talking to you! Perhaps we might think you look a sight. Is this all you’ve got to moan about whilst the country is going to Hell in a handcart?