Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Where do you get your t shirts and tops from

(61 Posts)
Aglassofroseplease Tue 30-Apr-19 16:31:35

Where do yo u buy your t shirts and blouses from? I used to get mine from Marks and Spencer but I don’t like the colours or the shapes of them this year. I like cotton ones and plain colours, fat covering(!) I’ve checked the websites of landsend, J Lewis’s Boden seasalt, I usually wear t shirts with a pair of cropped cargo type trousers in summer and with jeans or cargo trousers in the rest of the time. I quite like M and Ss linen shirt style blouses. I bought a v neck t shirt from m and s in a slubbed kind of material and it was far too big and baggy round the neck so I’m taking it back tomorrow and I’ll have a look if there’s anything I like. Im trying to think of anywhere else I can look for t shirts and blouses - I fancy a short sleeved plain fronted one.

GillT57 Sat 25-May-19 09:22:20

Landsend for me. Can be initially pricey but I have some t shirts which are more than 5 years old and get trotted out every summer. They don't twist or fade and if you get their emails you often get 30 to 40% off quick 24 hour sales.

Avor2 Sat 25-May-19 21:10:04

M & Co., Next, Evans, or the Cancer Research shop.

littlebit Tue 25-Jun-19 03:02:50

I buy all my t shirts from "WeGoWholesale"

Bigred18 Tue 25-Jun-19 06:03:08

Uniglo for me, fabulous. Ive just purchased some heattech tees for our winter, thin and warm, now have 6 of them.

Jans3 Sun 08-Sep-19 18:10:03

I like Bonmarche they have really fashionable things in there now at great prices

felice Sun 08-Sep-19 18:18:20

Apologies, C&A for me. DD too, God fit good price and some I have had for years. In fact I wore a top to Church today which must be 10 years old at least, and it got a compliment,,,,,,,

leyla Sun 08-Sep-19 18:18:58

George at Asda are great quality and great prices. Ditto Tu at Sainsburys.

dahlia Sun 08-Sep-19 19:55:30

I have T-shirts from Seasalt that are at least 8 - 10 years old, they still keep their shape and colour and look fresh. This company began life here in Cornwall, and I have never been disappointed with their clothes, apart from the trousers that just don't fit my rather large behind! I bought two full-length tops for £40 last week at their Falmouth branch, they fit my size 20 chest perfectly. smile

GinnyHendricks Mon 09-Sep-19 14:08:13

I like Uniqlo and quite often find nice things at Wallis, the sizing is generous I find

blondenana Tue 10-Sep-19 10:30:16

*M& S have some lovely things in just now,i bought some tweedy looking leggings yesterday, with a wide elastic waistband, very comfortable,and some Jeans,stretchy, a bit tight on the waist as i have put a bit of weight on and had to go a size up, also a loose top, which i am taking back as i don't like it when on
The prices were very reasonable for M&S and for once there are a lot of trousers and leggings in a short fitting, still a couple of inches too long for me, their short sizes aren't as short as they once were, bu all in all i am very pleased with what i got, and because the prices were reasonable could buy more for my money