Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

A summer top recommendation.

(74 Posts)
NanKate Wed 29-Jul-20 07:04:23

Whilst we were on hols last week we popped over to the Isle of Wight and I found this small shop selling wonderfully coloured floaty tops that felt like silk but weren’t. They can be washed by hand. They are one size. I’m a 14 but they would easily fit a larger size. They are based on Japanese kimonos. I bought one for the hot weather and so look forward to wearing it. The one I bought was China Tree and I think I will buy the Willow pattern too. The company is called One Hundred Stars.

Do you have any recommendations ?

kittylester Wed 29-Jul-20 07:07:08

Reported

MawB Wed 29-Jul-20 07:24:30

Why Kittylester ? It’s not like* Nankate* to advertise and she has not posted any link that would constitute spam?

fevertree Wed 29-Jul-20 07:25:20

Lovely pinafores on the site! smile

NanKate Wed 29-Jul-20 07:28:52

I’m sorry Kitty if I have broken the rules. I thought we could recommend things we had bought.

Greenfinch Wed 29-Jul-20 07:29:06

This is no different from others who recommend Hotter shoes etc.

kittylester Wed 29-Jul-20 07:35:57

Sorry, sorry,sorry.

I thought this was one of those normal over night advertisers. I have apologised to Kate.

I must learn to check who has started a thread.

kittylester Wed 29-Jul-20 07:37:31

I've reported my post!! blush

Greenfinch Wed 29-Jul-20 07:40:35

Well done Kitty grin

Marydoll Wed 29-Jul-20 07:42:38

Kitty, I'm sure Kate will understand, you are friends. We all do daft things, without thinking.

Anyway, I'm going to have a look! I love it when people recommend things, I spent ages checking out trainers after the recent thread about dressing stylishly.

NanKate Wed 29-Jul-20 07:45:58

No problem. All resolved. Virtual hug to my friend Kitty

Harris27 Wed 29-Jul-20 07:51:24

This is what puts people off posting! Used to be so friendly.

Esspee Wed 29-Jul-20 07:52:14

Thanks for that Kitty. They are lovely but a bit beyond my usual price range.

Nortsat Wed 29-Jul-20 07:53:03

Oh, it’s a lovely site NanKate, really interesting things.

Did you notice the scarves with city maps (£28)? When we were on holiday in Norway last year, we were in quite a long queue for the funicular railway in Bergen. The woman in front of us was wearing a really beautiful (looked like) silk scarf, with a map of NYC. I kept staring at it, as we queued. I wanted to ask her where she had bought it from, but somehow I just couldn’t.
Now I know !
I am going to buy one today ... and maybe a top ...
Thank you Nan.

By the way, I don’t think you have broken the rules. I once posted about how much I like Moshulu shoes and lots of people went on their website and had a look. Some came back and said they’d placed an order.

China Tree is lovely ... I think Willow Pattern is really lovely too, do buy it. ?

Marydoll Wed 29-Jul-20 07:58:29

Harris, Kitty and Kate are friends, there was no malice. I often report early morning spam posts, the scammers tend to come out at night, when they think they won't be noticed and I can see why Kitty reported, she just forgot to look at the poster's name!
An honest mistake, which has been sorted. I bet Kitty feels awful.☹️

NanKate Wed 29-Jul-20 07:59:56

Yes Nortstat I did see the scarf it’s lovely. Do let me know which top you get if you decide to buy one. The kimono jackets look lovely too for the evening.

Esspee I agree they are not cheap but I just couldn’t resist. As my mum would have said ‘it’ll last me out’ ?

Marydoll Wed 29-Jul-20 08:01:11

I had a look too. I particularly like the bags. The tops are lovely too.

Nortsat, thank you. I have been trying to remember the name of that shoe company for days!!!

NanKate Wed 29-Jul-20 08:01:36

Absolutely Mary. This will be an ongoing joke between us.

Marydoll Wed 29-Jul-20 08:10:05

Nortsat, it's all your fault! I have just purchased a pair of
sale shoes I don't need. ? I could have bought a dozen pairs!

Blinko Wed 29-Jul-20 08:24:09

Love these products. Thanks for the tip, NanKate.

Lucca Wed 29-Jul-20 08:42:41

Nortsat my friend has that scarf and they were on a Norway cruise last year ! If her OH walked with a stick it was her

Lucca Wed 29-Jul-20 08:43:33

Marydoll

*Harris*, Kitty and Kate are friends, there was no malice. I often report early morning spam posts, the scammers tend to come out at night, when they think they won't be noticed and I can see why Kitty reported, she just forgot to look at the poster's name!
An honest mistake, which has been sorted. I bet Kitty feels awful.☹️

Also I think the spam ones usually end with a web address highlighted.

kittylester Wed 29-Jul-20 08:47:02

I do feel awful but kate has accepted my apology! And I'll buy cake next time she is in my area!!

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 29-Jul-20 08:47:47

Morning! Fine to link to (genuine) recommendations too. Here's the One hundred stars site in case anyone else is interested. smile

Lucca Wed 29-Jul-20 08:56:32

Just ordered a scarf in their sale........