Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Brands we have loved and lost?

(128 Posts)
MawB2 Thu 10-Sep-20 10:12:02

I am saddened and a bit worried about the “brands” and shops that are biting the dust these days.
Of course I can exist without them, but as I have got older I find there are certain labels which suit and fit and in which I feel comfortable - experimenting gets expensive.
I really miss Country Casuals and wish I had kept more of their things in years gone by.
I used to love Principles shops and the label Précis Petite as I am 5’2”.
I miss Weekenders - same reason As CC - wearable clothes, great value for money.
I lament the disappearance of the shoe shop Shoon in Bournemouth -I always found something I liked there -even at a price.
I feel sad about Hotter shops and concessions disappearing and I wonder if they can last. Their suede Pixie boots are so comfortable you could wear them as slippers!
Who do you miss or who do you fear might disappear?

Deedaa Tue 27-Oct-20 22:17:47

East was always too expensive for me but they did do nice affordable jewellery.
I'm another one who never got over Biba going. The current reincarnation is nothing like the original. Apparently when Biba was sold over Barbara Hulanicki's head in 1975 the new owner's phoned the next day to ask when she would be coming in to work. They hadn't realised they were only buying the name, not the inspiration.

biba70 Tue 27-Oct-20 22:20:15

I still wear some of my BHS tops. And on the EU Continent, we still have C&A- buy quite a few bits from there.