Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Missing John Lewis beauty counters....

(28 Posts)
Shirleyw Mon 28-Sep-20 06:01:31

......I used to love going around them when I fancied a new tinted moisturiser etc, I liked the advice and they helped which tone/colour was best for me and also putting it on me to try...I'm not much good at deciding the colours on line so they are missed greatly....I haven't been to a John Lewis or any other big department store since lockdown, don't fancy going there now....its took all the pleasure out of retail shopping....are you the same?

Candelle Mon 28-Sep-20 18:53:07

I love make-up but the beauty counters in large department stores terrify me and I usually (unless seeking a new foundation etc.) rush past, head down, hoping I won't catch the eye of a saleswoman, er sorry, beauty counter personnel.

My nearest JL has recently been closed. I am sad as it was such an easy journey for me and I have held an account there for a very long time, however the standard of service deteriorated so much that I began to look elsewhere. On my last visit, I picked up three items and none were priced. There is never an assistant wandering around to ask and I didn't have time to search for help or queue up at the till for prices so left everything. More sales lost. This was not the JL of old...

Missiseff Mon 28-Sep-20 20:21:16

Went to mine last week, still the same experience