Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Face cream.

(31 Posts)
Allsorts Thu 29-Jul-21 19:01:14

I was recommend L’Oreal Peony face cream by a friend. It has been awful, when you apply it you are supposed to get a rosy glow but it’s like tanning cream, it has been extremely drying on my skin and looks streaky, , I have persisted with it for weeks as it wasn’t cheap, a friend today commented how different my skin looked. I feel as if I’ve damaged my skin as it’s dried out.
Has anyone any idea of anything I can use to try to reverse the damage, I can’t use anything perfumed. Thank you.

MayBee70 Fri 13-Aug-21 21:09:06

I need something that will tighten and lift. A lot of lifting is required.

Mattsmum2 Fri 13-Aug-21 21:13:48

I use Olay double action moisturiser. I’ve used clarins for most of my adult life but needed to go to something cheaper. Genetics play an important part in how your skin is, that and keep hydrated. I drink about three litres of water per day.

Ailidh Sat 14-Aug-21 13:22:16

I'm on the hunt for both face cream and eye concealer. Well, concealer for the the under eye bags.

It has to be cruelty-free - can't thole the thought of putting something on my face that was previously put in some poor animal's eyes.

All my life life I've looked younger than I am. Probably still do, a bit, but feel very haggard round the eyes.

I've recently lost a lot of weight - on purpose, healthily, not too fast - and while I'm enjoying my little, elfin chin, my eyes look like I've been up for 48 hours straight.

People are begging me not to lose any more weight, and that I've gone too far (although I wear size 10 (Sainsbury's) knickers and size 12 (Bon Marché) jeans, a fitted size 16 jacket still doesn't, and on 5'2", that's Not too skinny). I think it's the gaunt eye sockets and slightly faded skin that are doing it.

Cruelty-free skin-plumping products sought. ?

GrannyGravy13 Sat 14-Aug-21 13:32:54

Ailidh have a look at NEOM and Emma Harding (both available on line and in bigger M & S Stores)

Have you got the bunny free app? you put in the name of the cosmetic company and it will tell you if it has been testing on animals.

Germanshepherdsmum Sat 14-Aug-21 16:37:36

I’ve used M&S Formula Restore day and night creams and serum for years. They also do an eye cream. All cruelty free and very reasonably priced. I buy online as I’m not near an M&S. I’ve also tried Look Fabulous Forever which again is cruelty free. Very nice but a lot more expensive. Not sure I’m Worth It as the ad says. I like to think my skin’s good for my age but perhaps I need an eye test!