Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Do you ever pay the full price?

(32 Posts)
MayBeMaw Fri 21-Jan-22 12:27:59

I have just cheered up a dreich depressing January day with two sale purchases.
I saved £25 on one and £30 on the other.
Win-win.
But when I looked at the tags I thought no way would I have paid the price shown, so I have come to the conclusion that

either the manufacturers/retailers are desperate to clear their stocks , or the mark up on the original price was ridiculous.
Or of course, both.
Assuming I am “spared” I will have these for next winter, that is unless I have worn them to death during this Winter which seems to be going on for ever.
My cynical self suspects that the retailers know this and the “true” price is rather closer to what I felt was a bargain!

Nannan2 Thu 27-Jan-22 11:08:51

Hardly ever pay full price for anything- my mantra, as all my family know, is "Shop Around!"?

henetha Thu 27-Jan-22 11:12:33

Nor me, Nannan2. I shop around, or wait for sales and clearances etc. I love bargains.

TwiceAsNice Thu 27-Jan-22 11:12:38

I do like Boden for nice clothes and my daughter and I think their socks are better than anywhere but I never pay full price. Sole of their dresses are astronomical. They do regular sales and I just wait until I get the email notification

TwiceAsNice Thu 27-Jan-22 11:13:00

Some not sole sorry

Nannashirlz Thu 27-Jan-22 11:21:00

I used to when young and daft lol but not anymore I shop sales. But I try to find clothes that don’t age too. I’ve just got a coat from joules it was £180 full and I got it for £59 and few tops/vests for summer which were 45-28 and I got for 5-7 pounds but I always buy my boots this time of year too because it’s not like my feet going to grow lol

Witzend Thu 27-Jan-22 11:31:40

If I really want something I do, but then don’t really buy very many clothes.
I’ve been caught more than once, by not buying something I really like when I see it - going home to think about it - and then finding that it’s gone/out of stock.

I’ve found Joules clearance v good for things for the Gdcs, and did recently find some (badly needed!) sale pyjamas for me.