Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

How many perfumes do you have?

(185 Posts)
CanadianGran Thu 20-Jul-23 19:10:51

Just to start a light-hearted conversation, how may fragrances are on your shelf, and do you wear them all?

I have only a few.

White Tea by Elizabeth Arden - it's my go to daily spritz, I wear it every day, even on days home.
Shiseido Zen Secret Bloom - this is my evening fragrance. My first real fragrance was the original Zen, but they stopped making it, and this is a similar but more floral version.
Jo Malone Wood Sage and Sea Salt - I have a tiny travel size sample that I toss in for travelling, but I find it fades quickly.

I think I've only ever had 2 full size bottles on the go, and switch up a travel size when I find something interesting. I will try a different daily light scent when I finish a bottle, but my evening scent will last for years.

Some women I know have a real collection of fragrances, some others only ever have one. Yours?

MrsKen33 Thu 20-Jul-23 19:21:16

Just two.
Jo Malone Basil, Lime and Mandarin. And Mitsouko . Which I bought as I was doing research for a book. I wear it now and then .

Blondiescot Thu 20-Jul-23 19:22:56

Jo Malone Basil, Lime and Mandarin - I'm such a classy bird, I've got the Aldi dupe of that!

mumofmadboys Thu 20-Jul-23 19:33:04

Anais Anais and Cerutti

denbylover Thu 20-Jul-23 19:43:34

Chanel No.19, for many many years. It’s getting difficult to find, maybe it’s been discontinued?

Greyduster Thu 20-Jul-23 19:46:23

Jo Malone Green Orange and Coriander, which also fades quickly, CanadianGran but I love it. I also have currently on the go a small bottle of something my DD gave me for a Christmas stocking filler called Cool Vetiver. It smells rather like an aftershave that DH wore a lot (though she didn’t know that) and I like it. I think it was from M&S.

Beechnut Thu 20-Jul-23 19:46:40

Just the one Mrs Wembley.

Salti Thu 20-Jul-23 19:50:32

Just the one for me. "First" by van Cleef and Arpels. It's rare that I think to put it on these days.

Redrobin51 Thu 20-Jul-23 20:00:27

This is embarrassing as I adore perfume. Elizabeth Arden Splendour tends to be my everyday spritz but if it is hot Bromley Citrine Lagoon. For night-time it is either Estee Lauder Beautiful or Cacherel Eden. The embarrassing bit is I have about 5 different perfumes unopened just waiting their chance. I never pay full price as I look out for offers. I somehow feel undressed without a Spritz of perfume even of just lolling about the house.

crazyH Thu 20-Jul-23 20:08:40

I can’t remember ever buying perfume myself. ‘Obsession’ from my ex- husband and now, my lovely shopaholic daughter buys them and passes it on to me. Right now, there are two, on the little shelf by my front door - Red Door and Prada

M0nica Thu 20-Jul-23 20:13:11

Christian Dior Diorissimo for summer, it smells of Lily of the Valley, Elizabeth Arden Blue Grass in winter. it has a very warm scent.

Those two became fixed in my life before I was 20, and while both have often been out of my price range, and I have used substitutes. Those are the twoperfumes that define my life.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 20-Jul-23 20:13:53

I am a Jo Malone fan gran

Currently I am alternating Wood Sage & Sea Salt / Orange Blossom / Lime, Basil & Mandarin and Basil & Neroli. I use J M shower gels along with their matching hair products.

Deedaa Thu 20-Jul-23 20:15:20

I've got the Aldi dupe of Victor and Rolf's Flowerbomb perfume which I use every day. If I'm going out I wear a peony scent by Fragonard. I'm a fan of Fragonard after going to their factory in Grasse.

Jaxjacky Thu 20-Jul-23 20:20:29

Just two, Obsession-Calvin Klein and Opium-YSL, I’ve been wearing them for over 30 years, I never wear any during the day

Tenko Thu 20-Jul-23 20:23:19

I am Jo Malone fan too , currently I have pomegranate noir and dark amber & ginger lily for evening and tuberose Angelica for day . I also use rose oud by a company called oud attar. It’s oil based in a roll on and the fragrance lasts for ages . I’m always getting compliments when I wear it . It’s also very reasonable . I paid £30 in a sale

Grandmadinosaur Thu 20-Jul-23 20:29:20

Marc Jacobs Paradise for daytime.

Estée Lauder Beautiful for evening

Victor Rolf Flowerbomb in the sky for day or evening

MiniMoon Thu 20-Jul-23 20:33:39

I only have one. Oscar de la Renta.
I never wear anything else.

Kim19 Thu 20-Jul-23 20:35:10

Pomelo by Jo Loves is my one and only

GrannyGravy13 Thu 20-Jul-23 20:38:20

Grandmadinosaur

I wore Estée Lauder Beautiful on our wedding day, I wore it on every anniversary until the bottle was empty.

Grandmadinosaur Thu 20-Jul-23 20:41:54

GrannyGravy13

Grandmadinosaur

I wore Estée Lauder Beautiful on our wedding day, I wore it on every anniversary until the bottle was empty.

I also wore it on my wedding day and been my special occasion perfume ever since.

Shirleyw Thu 20-Jul-23 20:51:34

Azuree by Estée Lauder, been wearing that for very many years, opium is another favourite but run out of that atm.
For work it’s just body sprays, body shop strawberry and a mango spray.

Lomo123 Thu 20-Jul-23 20:52:38

Clinique Aromatics Elixir. My all time favourite.

foxie48 Thu 20-Jul-23 20:54:12

It's such a personal thing, I used to love Balmain's Vent Vert but the one perfume I always have is Chanel no 5, which I love. I've also got Tom Ford's Black Orchid and several other perfumes that I use but if I want to smell like me, I always go back to Chanel no 5. Maybe old fashioned and a bit of an old ladies perfume but as far as I am concerned, it is just heavenly.

kittylester Thu 20-Jul-23 20:54:21

I use Clinique Aromatics - have for years - love it!

lixy Thu 20-Jul-23 20:56:34

'Obsession' for many years but none at all now - perfumes make me sneeze which rather defeats the sophisticated air.