Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Dress up Tuesday

(62 Posts)
Foxygloves Mon 07-Aug-23 09:41:13

Continuing from the posts about unworn clothes in the wardrobe, saved for “best” - who’s up for “Dress up Tuesday” ?
If so, what are you going to wear? 👗 👑 💄💃👔👠👠👜

merlotgran Mon 07-Aug-23 09:51:54

Well I would but Tuesday is my allotment day. I’d scare the pigeons!

Foxygloves Mon 07-Aug-23 09:55:59

You could still wear your gardening pearls! 🤣🤣

MiniMoon Mon 07-Aug-23 09:56:31

I'll make the effort and wear my newest summer dress (with fluffy cardigan if cool), crystal moon necklace and matching earrings. White shoes if walking out, otherwise my carpet slippers.

BigBertha1 Mon 07-Aug-23 11:47:18

Love the idea but its a golf day for me. I'll wear my best polo shirt then that I tend to keep for competitions. It is blue and white with decorations on the shoulders with a matching royal blue cable sweater. Thankfully its just a roll up tomorrow no pressure.

Greenfinch Mon 07-Aug-23 12:15:06

We will be going to feed DD’s cats so I will give them a shock with my brand new “nude” coloured Hotter shoes that have just arrived via the postman.

Judy54 Mon 07-Aug-23 14:47:50

Just my channel no5!

Daisydaisydaisy Tue 08-Aug-23 11:34:00

Me Me Me 😀

Today I am wearing a Turquoise cheesecloth Maxi dress,Turquoise Shirt tied in a knot with Cream chunky sandals .I have a Instagram page where I show My outfit of the day 😀🩵💚🧡

Foxygloves Tue 08-Aug-23 11:39:54

OK
White trousers, blue and white Joules Serena sweatshirt, gold chain necklace and bracelet, bright red trainers.
In case you’re wondering. - for me that IS dressed up!

Millie22 Tue 08-Aug-23 11:40:28

Like Holly Willoughby you mean!

I have a white Next top and my house trousers. Dress down Tuesday today.

Nortsat Tue 08-Aug-23 11:43:51

We’re going out this evening (a fairly rare event, due to health issues), to listen to jazz in Soho - so I will dress up. I have a Monsoon kimono bought during lock down and never worn - so here goes.
Diamond earrings coming out of the box, too!

Dottydots Tue 08-Aug-23 11:46:06

Well, I must say that my hair is looking rather good today, so I might put on a fancy outfit and saunter down to the shops. Ha ha who am I kidding?

It will be my jeans and tee shirt again with my comfy sketchers plimsolls.

Callistemon21 Tue 08-Aug-23 11:50:06

I'm washing and cleaning!

In my old-fashioned Cotton Traders cotton trousers and Land'sEnd t shirt.
So boring but so's cleaning!

I have my diamond-studded gold earrings in, does that count?

If someone asks me to go out to play, I will change, of course 🙂

TanaMa Tue 08-Aug-23 11:52:14

Such a horrrible day here, thick fog - can't see the wood for the trees!! - so it's an 'anything goes' day!! Can't go out until my oil delivery has arrived - just hope it doesn't get lost!!

Penelopebee Tue 08-Aug-23 12:07:06

I miss work for wearing nice clothes and jewellery. I do change my stud, leave in earnings every week and match with a bracelet and ring so I get to wear some of my stuff. I bought a dress yesterday and now need somewhere to wear it. It's a bit too much for dog walking, but usually I like to put a quite nice top on when I do that. Over jeans and wellies and under raincoat sometimes!

Bijou Tue 08-Aug-23 12:17:24

Wear dresses all the time and I haven’t one that is less than ten years old. I always used to wear necklace and earrings but have given up. Don’t see anyone but my help every day

kittylester Tue 08-Aug-23 12:23:13

Most of my clothes are new this year as I lost a lot of weight but I haven't bought anything dressy.

So, my best jeans, my stretchy M&S top and my Monsoon Cardigan with my White Stuff trainers.

Blossoming Tue 08-Aug-23 12:29:14

The boiler has been serviced today so I’m now putting my clothes rail and a couple of storage boxes back in the airing cupboard. Usual Seasalt jeggings and top. I will put a tiara on when I go for my walk this afternoon

Aldom Tue 08-Aug-23 12:33:04

Not dressed up as I've been working around the house this morning. But I always try to look nice.
I'm wearing grey cropped chinos, a green and white, long sleeved top, by White Stuff, navy blue Uniqlo gilet.
The usual, Sketchers leather sliders indoors, but when I go shopping later, I'll be wearing bright pink loafers.

MiniMoon Tue 08-Aug-23 13:05:55

I am wearing a navy dress scattered with off white stars. My fluffy cardigan because the best temperature we can expect here today is 15°c! I have been dusting and pottering around doing a little tidying.
It is lovely to get out of jeans now and then.

lizzypopbottle Tue 08-Aug-23 13:18:22

I wear my karategi (karate uniform) on Tuesdays and glamorous it is not! For one thing, they are all designed for men so the fit is awful on women. My black belt is twenty three years old so it's very tatty looking. A lot of the black silk that covers it has worn away. This is testament to my ongoing karate experience but not a good look otherwise. Could we have Dress Up Wednesday instead?

Iam64 Tue 08-Aug-23 13:22:36

I’m in old jeans and even older tie dye sweat shirt. Wellies for the field with the dogs. I almost put my gilet on but decided that would make me feel it’s winter

I’ll put my best dangly silver ear rings on to dress up

Boolya Tue 08-Aug-23 13:26:33

Zumba this morning so leggings & t-shirt. Belly dancing this evening so swishy skirt and tinkly tie around my middle.

keepcalmandcavachon Tue 08-Aug-23 13:28:14

I'v a floaty top from last years end of summer sale that I planned on wearing , don't think the rain is going to stop though so this afternoons doggie muddy dog walk will be wellies, mac and my lovely lacey 'wedding' scarf. Little furry fella will, as usual be dapper in a red bow tie. And mud lots of mud.

RosesandLilac Tue 08-Aug-23 13:33:42

I’ve never heard of ‘Dress up Tuesday’, I rarely dress up nowadays so perhaps I need to make the effort!
Black and white linen trousers, black top, thick red fluffy jumper and furry slippers today as it’s cold, wet and more like November here!