Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

British style conquers on this occasion.

(90 Posts)
MartavTaurus Thu 03-Sept-26 08:30:58

I think Camilla pitched it just right in her embroidered dress by British designer Anna Valentine. This was at the viewing of the Bayeux Tapestry in London yesterday.

OldFrill Sun 06-Sept-26 11:17:30

This is a rather lovely photo of two OAP's helping each other down some steps ... Quite heartwarming

Grandma600 Sun 06-Sept-26 13:59:21

Her Majesty has some beautiful clothes, and a good figure as well. I don't envy her having to turn out looking pristine day in, day out, but she knows what suits her - well done, Ma'am!

WelshPoppy Sun 06-Sept-26 14:00:04

I thought HM The Queen looked stunning in her outfit.

Barbadosbelle Sun 06-Sept-26 14:09:58

GrannyGravy13

Indeed, the Queen looked very elegant.
She knows what suits her now (although I suspect that she's still happiest in her jodhpurs and hacking jacket!!)
.

StTrinians Sun 06-Sept-26 14:26:15

Missadventure. I like the a little rumpled look too, as it makes the King seem more down to earth, (especially as Camilla always looks so immaculate!!)

HobbyCat Sun 06-Sept-26 15:21:44

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

AmberGran Sun 06-Sept-26 16:19:39

HobbyCat

Message deleted by GNHQ

Well you're a real charmer.

Babsbada Sun 06-Sept-26 17:28:32

All the women looked great.
Macron always stylish but Charles a bit rumpled.

knspol Sun 06-Sept-26 20:18:39

Don't like Camilla's dress at all. She always wears the same style but in different fabrics and colours, wonder if she'd ever like a change Then again she probably wouldn't like what I'm wearing at the moment, a pair of jeans and a T-shirt!

Casdon Sun 06-Sept-26 20:55:00

I wouldn’t go to a formal event, where I was going to be photographed, in my jeans and T-shirt though, knspol, I’d wear something appropriate, and flattering to my body shape, wouldn’t you? Camilla’s dress is not something I’d ever choose for myself, but I can appreciate it suits her very well.

MawsRosie Sun 06-Sept-26 21:00:15

OldFrill

This is a rather lovely photo of two OAP's helping each other down some steps ... Quite heartwarming

I liked that too but thought, "Come on gentlemen, where are you?"

Casdon Sun 06-Sept-26 21:14:19

MawsRosie

OldFrill

This is a rather lovely photo of two OAP's helping each other down some steps ... Quite heartwarming

I liked that too but thought, "Come on gentlemen, where are you?"

My thought was how on earth Mme Macron was able to walk at all in those shoes with a four inch heel, her poor feet must have been in agony. I wouldn’t even attempt it.

Loladays Thu 17-Sept-26 18:15:39

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Jaxjacky Thu 17-Sept-26 18:38:13

Reported