Gransnet forums

Technology

Finding my way to last poster

(39 Posts)
annodomini Thu 13-Dec-12 08:59:03

Normally, if you click on the name of the last poster on a thread, you're take straight to that post. For about a week now you've been taken to the beginning of the thread and have to go to the end and scroll up. Please would you fix this, Techie?

Bags Thu 13-Dec-12 09:02:52

Can't you just fix your preferences to have the posts with newest first? That's what I do. It works for me.

Bags Thu 13-Dec-12 09:03:15

Or flip the whole thread.

Bags Thu 13-Dec-12 09:09:00

Clicking on blue names takes me to profiles. Clicking on black names does nothing. I don't think I've understood the problem yet confused

Anne58 Thu 13-Dec-12 09:20:13

Black names don't have a profile, Bags.

Jodi Thu 13-Dec-12 09:31:45

I think she means clicking on the name in the list before you enter the selected thread. !!!!!!!! That makes it sound even more confusing confused

I know what you mean anno

whenim64 Thu 13-Dec-12 09:54:41

Thanks for fixing the Bookmark problem - mine is working today. smile

annodomini Thu 13-Dec-12 10:22:21

Glad someone does, Jodi. You and I seem to be on the same wavelength this morning. grin

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 13-Dec-12 10:35:01

annodomini

Normally, if you click on the name of the last poster on a thread, you're take straight to that post. For about a week now you've been taken to the beginning of the thread and have to go to the end and scroll up. Please would you fix this, Techie?

<confused> Do you mean on the Active/topic list? When I click on the name of the last poster, it takes me to their profile, not the thread?

Ana Thu 13-Dec-12 10:49:02

Oh, yes I've just twigged - it's if you're looking in 'last hour' or 'last day' etc., not active.

Bags Thu 13-Dec-12 10:49:53

Oh good. So glad it's not just me.

Isn't it clicking on a thread title that takes you to the thread? And if you have your 'customise' preferences set to have the newest posts at the top, you'll see the last post first. If it's a long thread, the OP is there at the top in blue and then the latest post.

Bags Thu 13-Dec-12 10:50:39

Oh, thanks, ana. I didnt know that. Dont use them much. Goes to check....

Bags Thu 13-Dec-12 10:52:34

Yep. It works if you use "last hour". Not on Active or Last Day, which behave as described above (or below, depending which way up you have the threads).

glammanana Thu 13-Dec-12 10:54:01

Gosh the things you learn thanks ana and to think I have been on here since the beginning makes it all the more embarrassing.hmm

whenim64 Thu 13-Dec-12 10:59:25

Clicking on last hour and the name of the most recent poster isn't taking me straight to that post, and hasn't for about a week. The bookmark is working again, though, so the threads I have already looked at are behaving, as long as I've bookmarked them.

Photos still not uploading on my profile, though, unless I want to replace one with just one more, rather than add a few....any progress on that, tech? smile

JessM Thu 13-Dec-12 11:12:36

Yes it is a pain on long threads when you cannot go straight to last poster GNHQ. The "flip" function just adds to confusion for me.
Help us please. This has been happening for several days now.

Bags Thu 13-Dec-12 11:25:50

Jess, you can go straight to last poster if you customise the thread as I described above in this thread. I always go straight to the last post and I never have to flip a thread when I'm logged in because I've 'arranged' it in advance.

Go to 'customise' at the top of a thread and take it from there.

Bags Thu 13-Dec-12 11:27:22

You only have to do it once, not for each thread.

JessM Thu 13-Dec-12 12:30:41

Lots. The only "preferences" I can find are on My Gransnet and nothing there of relevance. But there is sunshine in my eyes...

Bags Thu 13-Dec-12 12:44:45

Don't you have a customise button next to the flip button?

JessM Thu 13-Dec-12 13:19:13

ok thank you Bags, found it, it works. Now have to get used to reading threads upside down. Good the brain I guess. Cheers.

Bags Thu 13-Dec-12 13:25:05

Yes. It feels a bit wacky going back to reading downwards once you've got used to it, IYSWIM.

Ana Thu 13-Dec-12 13:27:18

If you choose 50 posts per page it doesn't take long to scroll down anyway - not upside down! grin

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 13-Dec-12 14:38:46

whenim64

Clicking on last hour and the name of the most recent poster isn't taking me straight to that post, and hasn't for about a week. The bookmark is working again, though, so the threads I have already looked at are behaving, as long as I've bookmarked them.

Photos still not uploading on my profile, though, unless I want to replace one with just one more, rather than add a few....any progress on that, tech? smile

Ohh I understand now! We'll alert Tech, thanks.

Bags Thu 13-Dec-12 15:21:29

I have 100 posts per page AND upsidedown. grin