Gransnet forums

Technology

Finding my way to last poster

(40 Posts)
annodomini Thu 13-Dec-12 08:59:03

Normally, if you click on the name of the last poster on a thread, you're take straight to that post. For about a week now you've been taken to the beginning of the thread and have to go to the end and scroll up. Please would you fix this, Techie?

Nelliemoser Thu 13-Dec-12 15:35:48

When I have time, I will try to work out how to do this and what happens.
does anyone have a tutorial?

Bags Thu 13-Dec-12 15:49:30

Look at the top of a thread, nellie for the green bar.

Find the words 'Flip | Customise'

Press/click on Customise

It will take you to a page that has three boxes where you can choose between (1) oldest first and newest first
(2) 10, 25, 50, 100 messages per page
(3) whether you want to use book marks.

I find gransnet bookmarks a pain in the butt so I don't use them.

Ana Thu 13-Dec-12 15:51:18

Same here - I did try them for a while but soon got fed up and went back to my usual scrolling...

annodomini Thu 13-Dec-12 16:19:53

Have checked my options, but this still doesn't answer my query.

Ella46 Thu 13-Dec-12 16:21:03

Personally I love the bookmarks no kidding! and if scrolling suits you better, so be it, just as long as people read all the posts! wink

Ana Thu 13-Dec-12 16:25:54

Yes, I agree absolutely, Ella!

yogagran Thu 13-Dec-12 18:31:10

I'm with Jess on this one - the flip function is confusing. I just want it back as it used to be [winge emoticom]

Bags Thu 13-Dec-12 19:00:32

Your query was answered though, anno. In the Active listing, clicking on poster's name does not take you to a post and never has. In the Last Hour listing clicking on the last poster's name does take you to the last post (it did when I checked this afternoon anyhow). So what's the problem?

What you state as 'normal' has never been normal as far as I'm aware. So either I've misunderstood the problem, or your computer works in a different way from mine. Sorry! Very confused!

Bags Thu 13-Dec-12 20:01:07

Aaaah! I seeeeee. Sorry, anno!

Ahoy! Tech!!!!

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 13-Dec-12 20:13:00

Yikes - are those pesky bookmark elves at it again. Will have a look and report back.

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 13-Dec-12 20:27:21

Hello all,
Please hold on to your Christmas crackers and bear with us just a little longer. We're aware of the bookmarks currently being more confused than a brussel sprout in the gransnet cake tin - and it is high on tech's list to sort out. We'll have them working soon, we promise!

Tech (GNHQ) Thu 13-Dec-12 23:25:32

Sorry about this. It should be working correctly now. Please let us know if you see any problem. Thanks.

annodomini Fri 14-Dec-12 00:05:45

Thank you Tech. All of a sudden, I found it was working again. x x

yogagran Fri 14-Dec-12 11:30:55

Yay - it's back to how I like it. Thanks Tech wine