Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

X Men

(18 Posts)
ninathenana Tue 27-May-14 00:14:33

We went to see the latest X Men film tonight. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I noticed that 98% of the audience appeared to be under 30. Any other grans, grandads enjoy the marvel films ??

tanith Tue 27-May-14 08:13:55

I enjoyed one on Netflix the other night I don't go to the cinema, too loud, but will watch it on DVD when it comes out. Glad you enjoyed it.

HollyDaze Tue 27-May-14 08:15:41

I have recently 'got into' all the old Marvel heroes - I wasn't interested a child but I do remember my brother being enthralled by them all. I bought the DVD of Thor and Spiderman trilogy and quite enjoyed them - nothing wrong with a bit of escapism grin

Glad you enjoyed the film ninathenana, it's awful isn't it when you go to see a film and hate every minute of it.

JessM Tue 27-May-14 08:23:32

We have also been watching Marvel - Agents of Shield on tv.
They have tried quite hard not to have all the heroes as chaps.

suebailey1 Tue 27-May-14 10:43:12

I have nodded off to sleep everytime I have tried to watch it. Shame really I like Patrick Stewart. same thing with Harry potter I snuggle up with GS and fall straight to sleep.

Tegan Tue 27-May-14 11:42:44

I've only seen one X Men film and must admit to not enjoying it much. But, having realised that Jennifer Lawrence is now in the films, I'll watch the ones that she's in. The best actress around these days, I can watch her in anything as I've followed her career since being blown away by her performance in Winters Bone.

Lona Tue 27-May-14 19:14:36

I've seen the XMen films more times than I care to mention, I love that sort of stuff.
Hugh Jackman is the icing on the cake wink

ninathenana Tue 27-May-14 22:26:30

Will you be going to see the latest one Lona ?

JessM Thu 29-May-14 08:26:22

Lona there is a naked back view shot of Huge 'Ackman in the latest film. Although judging from the way his torso changes in the shots, what you are seeing is not necessarily the real mc'coy.

Lona Thu 29-May-14 09:36:58

Wash your mouth out JessM! How very dare you!

grin I don't know if I'll get to the cinema to see it hmm

JessM Sat 31-May-14 19:58:17

And the giant claws popping out of the back of his hands. They were real as well Lona. Definitely did not use a hand body-double for that or the buttocks. grin

Lona Sat 31-May-14 22:11:14

Has anyone ever told you that you're a spoilsport Jess? grin

janerowena Sat 31-May-14 23:21:15

I was reading about the hours and hours he has to spend training to get his body as good as it is.

And his wife is older than him, so there's hope yet!

I'm living nearest to his mum though (Norwich) so I bet I get to him first...

JessM Sun 01-Jun-14 07:13:15

I'm sure he did, but his torso suddenly doubles in size in the shirt-off scene. grin

janerowena Sun 01-Jun-14 16:26:30

grin That's not spoilsporting Lona, that's whetting the appetite!

Whenever I see a larger muscley male, I instantly wonder who gets most of the bed and the bedcovers.

Lona Sun 01-Jun-14 16:32:51

Consider it whetted janerowena!!! blush

janerowena Sun 01-Jun-14 21:11:37

wink

tattynan Mon 02-Jun-14 18:54:15

I've got into the marvel superheroes because my grandson loves all the super heroes. The avengers assemble and ironman films are enjoyable.
Disney channel has cartoons series with all the characters for the little superhero fans as the movies are aimed at older children/adults.
Fisher Price and Play Skool do age appropriate super hero toys for younger children.