Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Eastenders

(72 Posts)
PRINTMISS Wed 19-Aug-15 07:46:19

Yes, I know there have been discussions on this before, and although I have no idea why, we are avid watchers. NOW, did I miss something? I know Kathy Beale turned up rather secretly, a little while ago, we were led to believe that she had been killed in a car crash which is why Ben who is Ian's brother and Phil,s son is living in Albert Square. Here she is again, large as life, but again secretly walking in Albert Square! Does anyone know who this Gavin is that Phil mentioned? What has Kathy been hiding, and why is she running away? (cue for the music!)

ninathenana Mon 31-Aug-15 23:56:41

numberplease I think the story is that Shabnam is going back to Pakistan. I don't think Kush will be with her.

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 01-Sep-15 09:54:29

shock Don't give spoilers!!! Some of us avoid the mags.

kittylester Tue 01-Sep-15 10:02:55

That episode really made me cry. And, I hope it was a reflection of how someone really would be handled now. sad

Marelli Tue 01-Sep-15 10:48:29

Me too, kitty. sad

kittylester Tue 01-Sep-15 10:55:30

I delivered my 'baby' in a ward full of 'older' women who had had prolapses repaired or hysterectomies. I suppose it could have been worse, I could have been on a labour ward! Did you have a similar experience Marelli? sad

numberplease Tue 01-Sep-15 16:46:21

Ninathenana, I do wish I hadn`t seen your post, I try to avoid learning what`s coming up next. Never mind.

Marelli Tue 01-Sep-15 20:01:55

kitty, no, I didn't have the same sort of experience as you, although I did lose my baby when he was three-and-a-half months old. I lost him to 'cot death' in 1968. The absolute despair that is felt when we lose a child is indescribable. I hope I haven't hurt anyone in mentioning this. Please forgive me, if I have.

Jane10 Tue 01-Sep-15 20:05:51

Oh Marelli how desperately sad. flowers

Marelli Tue 01-Sep-15 20:18:07

In those days there was no input from any services, Jane10. We just sort of....got on with it, really. sad

Jane10 Tue 01-Sep-15 20:41:43

Yes I suppose you had to but that doesn't make it any easier. Its every mothers worst nightmare. I don't reckon anything would have helped except maybe talking about it.

kittylester Tue 01-Sep-15 20:54:48

Oh, Marelli, I'm sorry if I shouldn't have asked. It was all very different then wasn't it?.

Marelli Tue 01-Sep-15 22:22:22

Oh, kitty, flowers. It'll always be with us, won't it, but these things did happen and we had to kind of deal with it more or less on our own with little support really. I remember my aunt asked the vicar to come and see me after the funeral (he didn't). I wouldn't have known what to say to him anyway. It was a strange time around then. I did go on to have another 2 children, but there'll always be that wee space there.

Alima Wed 07-Oct-15 08:21:40

Does anyone else think that the scene of Ian about to jump off the bridge was not very well done? Empty road, only one car went past and there seemed to be no wind. I suppose they had to bring Kathy to Ian's notice somehow.

Jane10 Wed 07-Oct-15 08:53:54

Didn't ring true. Was almost embarrassing watching Jane overact again. All a bit staged.

J52 Wed 07-Oct-15 09:07:46

I also wondered why the car passing did not stop or the driver call the police. Man on bridge, car parked, woman pleading! What would you have done?

Lots of silly mistakes in the police/courtroom episodes. I don't think Walford Police are very good. They need to borrow a few detectives from other programmes!grin
x

PRINTMISS Wed 07-Oct-15 09:11:33

I just think it gets worse, but still addicted. Stupid story lines, some good acting - being going a little too long, I feel.

kittylester Wed 07-Oct-15 11:12:25

I couldn't take my eyes off Ian's shoes! It's all getting a bit silly isn't it? Carol went out to get on her motor bike (as if!!) and had a make over on the way!

But, as PRINTMISS says, still addicted. grin

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 07-Oct-15 11:24:58

I thought the same about the passing cars. hmm

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 07-Oct-15 11:26:22

Perhaps people do just pass on by these days.

J52 Wed 07-Oct-15 12:19:25

On the topic of Carol, where was her luggage? She only had a small back pack. Maybe she was relying on make up and costumes to be following on behind!
What is the toy boy chap about? Is he going to be a fixture!

It's all getting even more beyond belief! Time for a rest I think.

x

Pittcity Fri 30-Oct-15 22:15:36

So my post of 19th August was correct!