Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Dr Foster

(77 Posts)
Teetime Thu 17-Sep-15 09:12:11

Dearie Dearie me! This is dull! It seems to consist of close ups of Suranne Jones pulling faces and running her hands through her hair. She's a GP who has taken to examining patients in her car park and breaching patient confidentiality in the name of pursuing the truth of her husband's affair. Is it just me who is bored by this? I do wish she would run a comb through her hair and why are busy women always portrayed as having messy kitchens- does this show just how busy and important they are? I'll probably keep watching and moaning about it. grin

trisher Fri 09-Oct-15 16:15:33

Trouble was (apart from the far fetched stories) I didn't find any of the characters appealing. He was a wimp and an adulterer. She was a manipulative control freak who was quite happy to let dad be the one involved in son's life until she thought she might lose him. Then she was even prepared to pretend she had killed him. Girl friend was a spoilt rich kid. Thought the ending was trite and kid would turn into a very mixed-up young person once he realised what had gone on.