Maigret

(32 Posts)
grannylyn65 Tue 29-Mar-16 07:30:00

Any opinions thus far!
Am unsure myself, for obvious reasons!

Jalima Tue 29-Mar-16 20:27:10

I didn't see the Michael Gambon version

Penstemmon Tue 29-Mar-16 21:14:39

I thought it was too long! The characters of Maigret, Lucas and Mme Maigret were poorly established and whilst I appreciate trying to evoke an era that seemed to be at the expense of any sense of excitement/ suspense with the story line. Poorly directed imo. Unlikely to make an effort to watch another one.

Eloethan Tue 29-Mar-16 23:24:06

I thought it was extremely tedious, the plot was stupid and Maigret came across as the most boring man on earth.

I liked the old Maigret series with Rupert Davies but can so no reason whatsoever for resurrecting what appear to now be very dull stories.

nigglynellie Wed 30-Mar-16 09:35:58

I think ITV would do far better to do a re-run of the Michael Gambon Maigret, or better still, Rupert Davies!smile

Deedaa Wed 30-Mar-16 21:39:47

For some reason I never saw the Michael Gambon version, but I remember Rupert Davies well. Madame Maigret was also the mother of Murray Head who starred in Sunday Bloody Sunday. My friend went to art classes with him when we were still at school,

I enjoyed Rowan Atkinson's Maigret. I rather like something slow in the evening.

Alea Thu 31-Mar-16 11:53:40

Maigret has become something of a French "national treasure", but are the stories really all THAT. Good?? hmm