Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Loch

(96 Posts)
BlueBelle Mon 12-Jun-17 05:32:47

Anyone started this? And what do you think ? A tad gory for just one episode?

Jane10 Tue 13-Jun-17 07:25:45

Yuk! Glad I read this before watching my recording. Will delete it and cancel further recording. Life's bad enough without that sort of thing as entertainment.

Marydoll Tue 13-Jun-17 07:57:18

I quite enjoyed it. I can't wait to watch the next episode and see more of that beautiful scenery. It does seem a pity that the "thick" Scottish police need help from their much cleverer English colleagues. wink.

BlueBelle Tue 13-Jun-17 08:21:20

I don't worry with the mumbling any more as I use subtitles for all the dramas

harrigran Tue 13-Jun-17 10:08:53

Not sure I can keep watching this and I watched all of the Dexter series.
I do wish the actors wouldn't mumble and with the accent DH struggled to understand most of the dialogue.

Sparklefizz Tue 13-Jun-17 13:27:03

I'm glad others had problems with hearing what they were saying. I thought it was just me. I'm not at all good with accents anyway, but I just couldn't catch huge chunks, plus I have a new TV set and can't find anywhere in the instruction manual how to put on the sub titles.

travelsafar Thu 15-Jun-17 08:30:29

It seems to me that many of the new dramas on tv have dreadful sound quality or is it our modern day TV sets that do not project well.

I can not watch any program with out sub titles especialy if there is an accent involved.

With all the new technologhy you would think that this would be an issue that could be sorted out.

I find the same with films, back ground music too loud and special effects that make you jump with the noise but dialogue is dreadful sometimes.

grannypiper Sat 17-Jun-17 17:08:53

travelasfar I dont think it is our tv sets that are to blame as the adverts are certainly loud enough

BlueBelle Sun 18-Jun-17 03:39:09

Sparklefix the subtitles are usually a button on the remote have a good look at all the buttons on that
Travelafar I find the same at cinemas but thought it was me getting old

Sparklefizz Sun 18-Jun-17 09:05:35

Thanks BlueBelle - I'll have a closer look.

BlueBelle Mon 19-Jun-17 06:07:20

What did you make of last night episode looks like the lad is a gonna and who was chasing Evie in the car
I don't like that doctor at all he's on my suspect list what's he up to ?

ninathenana Mon 19-Jun-17 06:13:34

Whoever was chasing Evie I would think assumed it was her mum driving.
The vehicle was a 4x4 with a spot light bar on the roof, who have we seen drive one of those ?

Nandalot Mon 19-Jun-17 13:40:17

We are gripped by this series. That's what we thought Nina. And who would have chess to that trailer/animal tranporter at the end?

Nandalot Mon 19-Jun-17 13:40:43

Access not chess

BlueBelle Sun 25-Jun-17 22:09:11

Wow tonight's was scary very fast moving to say the least can't wait for next weeks now

Grannyknot Sun 25-Jun-17 22:12:55

shock for tonight.

rosesarered Sun 25-Jun-17 22:54:47

Have been recording this, am fed up with mumbling drama though so not sure if I will stick with it.

ninathenana Sun 25-Jun-17 23:03:33

No Spoilers

Did anyone else realise what was in the abandoned car about half hour before they did ?
Why didn't they clear the area before opening it ?

Elrel Mon 26-Jun-17 00:33:22

After the first episode I thought I wouldn't watch any more. I'm hooked now, there seems to be so much going on and suspicion all around. The trailer for the next episode showed a lot including one thing I was expecting.
As a poster said earlier it's like a very long Midsomer Murder with a dash of Silent Witness! Whoever said that was spot on!

Grannyknot Mon 26-Jun-17 07:46:27

SPOILER guesswork ahead! Don't read if you're not up to date!

Bethan's parents and the noise investigated by the policewoman when she was at the house, what's that about? - and the mother "pregnant"? I think the daughter (Bethan) is pregnant by the creepy teacher, and her parents are hiding her.

Marydoll Mon 26-Jun-17 07:49:23

Gosh, I had never thought of that. I wasn't paying full attention, as I was trying to play Gransnet games.confused Not very well, I may add

NanaandGrampy Mon 26-Jun-17 08:29:24

I'm actually loving it - I was a bit put off by the gore comments on the beginning of this thread but have been disappointed with a couple of other new series so thought Id at least try this one. I love it. Its a bit like Broadchurch in Scotland !

So much going on , so many red herrings.

The plot is a bit clunky in places like the Psychologist bursting into the press conference and the van outside the meeting but I'm still hooked !

Elrel Mon 26-Jun-17 11:33:02

It was NfkDumpling who summed The Loch up as 'Midsomer Witness'.

Juggernaut Mon 26-Jun-17 11:42:11

ninathenana
DH and I were shouting at the TV, "the van you morons, the van!"

Sar53 Mon 26-Jun-17 14:50:37

I'm liking it too. A bit far fetched in places but it does keep you on the edge of your seat. I also think it's very 'Broadchurch in Scotland '. Looking forward to see where it goes.

Nandalot Wed 28-Jun-17 15:59:33

Good guessing Grannyknot. I hadn't thought of that.