Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Loch

(96 Posts)
BlueBelle Mon 12-Jun-17 05:32:47

Anyone started this? And what do you think ? A tad gory for just one episode?

BlueBelle Sat 22-Jul-17 15:25:15

I thought her hair was really awful too
I agree about the heart/ brain etc there was no explanation as to why he did that or how he could have done it

rosesarered Sat 22-Jul-17 14:58:50

Yes, I thought that about her hair....a bad wig.
Well, watched it all now and a surprise killer! Quite good overall but implausible all round, why would he remove a brain....and how? I can see why he would kill them, but in the way that he did?Hmmmm.

Grannyknot Sat 22-Jul-17 13:04:22

This comment is just plain gossipy grin but Siobhan Finneran (who played the boss cop) - her hair was awful, it looked like it had been subjected to one dye job too many and so dead it looked like a bad wig. I wondered whether that was part of the character or whether she should be having a conversation with her hairdresser ...

Her character's extremely measured tone was annoying too.

NanaandGrampy Sat 22-Jul-17 10:32:44

I enjoyed it . Loved all the red herrings and only got the ending partially right ! Hopefully, a new one in this vein will appear in the autumn.

trisher Sat 22-Jul-17 10:26:59

Spoiler Alert
Oh it was so stupid.OK mum was a nurse so could administer the drug to keep the real Keiran sedated, but where did she get the stuff? And when the doctor saw the notes might he not be a bit concerned that there was one Keiran in bed unconscious and another one attending school? Or do they often call brothers by the same name in Scotland?

Juggernaut Mon 17-Jul-17 10:44:47

In episode two, when Evie and Kieran (Jordan) were run off the road, who was the driver of the mystery car.
It can't have been Kieran (Jordan), so was it just a red herring, or is there another 'baddie' lurking somewhere?

BlueBelle Mon 17-Jul-17 09:43:18

christine I was waiting for that to happen too ? and also we don't know if the other brother died or not he was able to say his name so was conscious

Christinefrance Mon 17-Jul-17 08:54:09

I kept expecting Jordan's body to rear up out of the loch. Very enjoyable series. Most dramas are ending now so expect there will be repeats filing the gaps until Autumn.

Sparklefizz Mon 17-Jul-17 08:51:52

SPOILER ALERT:
I was disappointed with the ending too. It seemed like a twist for the sake of a twist. Albrighton had said in relation to Dessie that a teenager couldn't have killed Nial, removed his brain and heaved the body over the cliff. Yet a slight 24 year old apparently could! The father was a tubby middleaged man - how did he manage that and to weight him down in the water, etc etc? As Morgana said, too many loose threads and extremely unlikely happenings.

BlueBelle Mon 17-Jul-17 06:31:31

What oddities do you mean Morgana?
I think perhaps I don't watch with such deepness as some on here, I just follow the story and enjoy it perhaps I m easily pleased
I did wonder if the fact there was no seen bodies of two people left it open for them not being dead and another series

Morgana Sun 16-Jul-17 23:39:34

We were very disappointed with the ending
Too many loose threads and oddities. Fed up with watching series and them having a chap ending! !!!!!

merlotgran Sun 16-Jul-17 23:13:17

I almost got the twist right but not quite.

Good ending.

NfkDumpling Sun 16-Jul-17 22:22:12

And is he dead? Or just waiting to come back in a second series!

BlueBelle Sun 16-Jul-17 22:22:08

Well I liked that not sure liked is the right word but wow quite a twist at the end I will miss my Sunday evenings hope we get another good drama soon

Surely people who haven't watched it yet won't be reading this thread
if you ve got visitors arriving .Monday Rose why couldn't you watch it tonight ?

NfkDumpling Sun 16-Jul-17 22:19:58

A clever twist!

Elrel Sun 16-Jul-17 22:09:59

Phew, what a helterskelter ending. I think my blood pressure soared. Still feel a bit shocked and shattered. It certainly held me for the 6 episodes almost in spite of myself,
Very clever but I'm not sure it was good for me! Who wrote it?

Ana Sun 16-Jul-17 22:05:51

I was underwhelmed - but won't give it away - yet!

Iam64 Sun 16-Jul-17 22:04:29

So was I Juggernaught, great sceneryb?

Juggernaut Sun 16-Jul-17 22:02:52

Not going to spoil the ending for Roses!
Let's just say I was surprised!

rosesarered Sun 16-Jul-17 21:52:20

Have to wait until then for GOT as well.shock

rosesarered Sun 16-Jul-17 21:51:19

Got visitors arriving on Monday, so won't see The Loch ( or GN) until Wed night, so will have to wait, grrrr.

rosesarered Sun 16-Jul-17 21:49:51

Ah, yes juggernaut but is Petrie too obvious?
Could it be John Sessions ? That would be a turn up for the book.grin

trisher Sun 16-Jul-17 21:33:20

I don't know who it is, but what a lot of weirdos living close together. It will be interesting to see what will happen to Petrie. You get castigated for one small accident on a school trip, god knows what would happen if kids were shooting each other!! Afraid I can't take it seriously.

Juggernaut Sun 16-Jul-17 20:30:47

Roses
I had a guess at who the murderer is in my message of 21:54:15 last night,
I'm probably wrong, but hey, it wouldn't be for the first time!

rosesarered Sun 16-Jul-17 19:43:47

DH thinks there is an Army link though ( the young man who is kept drugged by his Mother, presumably to keep him safe) may have a point in the story or could be just another side show.