Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

New Scandi noir drama starting tonight...

(36 Posts)
Tegan2 Sun 13-Aug-17 12:20:00

Ch4 9:00. Valkgrien [sp]. Saw it advertised on facebook; no idea if it's any good but, having finished watching Top of the Lake I need something to fill the gap, and this does look promising. Plus the fact that, being on Ch 4 if my catchup tv stops working again I can always watch it on +1.

grammargran Mon 14-Aug-17 15:16:28

But hooray, Montalbano back next week - the mature version .....

123kitty Mon 14-Aug-17 16:56:37

Oh Yggdrasil I agree, the Spanish series, I know who you are, is brilliant- great acting from all the cast (especially the leading man- what a dish- can't take my eyes off him).

brunswick Mon 14-Aug-17 17:19:24

I iknow who you are was absolutely brilliant. As you say grammargran, I couldnt believe how they left us hanging, I shouted out, "no you cant let it end like that" until I heard voiceover say "another series is coming. I was gripped from the beginning to the end.

MrsJamJam Mon 14-Aug-17 19:38:43

Just spent a wet afternoon watching the last two episodes of I Know who You are and horrified to be left with such a cliffhangar. Do I assume the BBC can't afford to buy the rest?! Valkyrien - I don't know how to download all 4. Does anyone know if I can do it on the Amazon fire stick? We live with minimal broadband here so guess any download would take days rather than hours even if I knew how to do it. Infuriating. Am shortly off to a Greek beach to practice relaxation and remember not to care about silly tv programmes!

Eloethan Mon 14-Aug-17 21:04:51

I started to watch it but didn't enjoy it at all and gave up. Nothing about it held my attention and I won't continue watching.

seacliff Tue 15-Aug-17 05:59:55

I read here that the original was 16 programmes, cut down by BBC. Apparently you can find the whole thing , see link. I gave up on it.

Re Valkyrie, I can't find the other episodes when I search. We have sky variety. Really stupid annoying idea to just show the first episode now.

www.theartsdesk.com/tv/i-know-who-you-are-series-finale-bbc-four-review-gripping-no-one-root

notnecessarilywiser Tue 15-Aug-17 07:53:21

MrsJamJam - yes, it'll be on the Firestick; that's how I watch it. Just select the channel 4 icon and do a search.

yggdrasil Tue 15-Aug-17 09:39:37

So I watched I know who you are last night. and yes, it has stopped on the middle! There will be a series 2 later.
Maddening

maddy629 Wed 16-Aug-17 07:52:42

grammargran I don't watch Scandi Noir don't like all the sub titles but I'm with Virgin and did not realise that they don't do All 4.

NanKate Wed 16-Aug-17 08:21:24

Just watched episode 1 and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The subtitles are good because they are short which gives me time to take in the visuals.