Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Strike

(50 Posts)
BlueBelle Mon 26-Feb-18 06:19:09

Anyone started this I enjoyed the last series and found this one started really promisingly I find him very attractive and think his character works so well with Robin

kittylester Mon 26-Feb-18 06:33:29

I agree, BlueBelle, I loved it and him!

seacliff Mon 26-Feb-18 06:44:00

Oh thanks Bluebelle, I loved this last time. Scruffy but something about him, a must watch for me.

Niobe Mon 26-Feb-18 08:08:46

I'm another who loved the books but missed the first two of the films due to holidays . I hear they are back on I player so will watch them now. Robin and Strike are exactly as I pictured them. Perfect casting!

Luckygirl Mon 26-Feb-18 08:41:30

I lost the plot a bit, but was entirely happy watching this nice young man. Will they DTD?! - Do The Deed??? grin

Teetime Mon 26-Feb-18 08:47:55

I really like this and the books. He looks as though he could do with some loving!

Greyduster Mon 26-Feb-18 08:49:46

I liked the last series, and look forward to enjoying this one, but some of the characterisation last night seemed a bit ‘clunky’.

BlueBelle Mon 26-Feb-18 09:11:47

Not sure what that means greyduster give me a clue?

annodomini Mon 26-Feb-18 09:48:27

It's well cast, very well acted and true to the original. How much more could one ask?

Lazigirl Mon 26-Feb-18 13:38:52

Yes Luckygirl am sure they will, but keep us in anticipation until the very end. Am not sure how many books she has written about Strike? I love the characterisation and think it's a great bit of escapism on a Sunday night.

Niobe Mon 26-Feb-18 14:49:18

There are 3 books so far, The Cuckoo's Calling, The Silkworm and Career of Evil. With more to come I hope!

BBbevan Mon 26-Feb-18 16:50:19

Gosh do you mean this is the last series? Niobe How ever will we manage. Love every bit .

NanaandGrampy Mon 26-Feb-18 17:30:24

Oh no , I didn’t know it was on again. I hope it’s available on catchup .

Deedaa Mon 26-Feb-18 21:19:45

I love them! The casting of Strike and Robin is so good. I just wish they would stretch them into more episodes, they are very thick books after all. I read a review yesterday that said she is currently writing the fourth book and thinks she might have another five to come.

seacliff Mon 26-Feb-18 21:22:59

I want more, he is so lovely.

NanKate Mon 26-Feb-18 22:02:25

Has the actor who plays Strike so well lost part of his leg or is it very clever camera work?

BlueBelle Mon 26-Feb-18 22:18:22

I had to google it Nankate as it looked so real but no he has two good legs He’s great and makes the funny walk look so underplayed that it could easily be real and some clever camera work had the whole of him in the pic as he was massaging his half leg
He did however have an op for cleft lip as a boy
Umm I could easily ‘look after’ him, don’t like him having to sleep in his office I ve got a spare bed ??

tanith Mon 26-Feb-18 22:21:29

It's all done with mirrors ?
Seriously it's clever camera work and a body double who has lost a leg.

sodapop Tue 27-Feb-18 06:51:42

The leg amputation has been cleverly filmed etc but we all know now he has lost a leg. Time to stop all the interest in this and get on with the story. I enjoy Strike but this time I felt it was a bit heavy legged handed.

J52 Tue 27-Feb-18 06:57:36

Tom Burke was also in The Musketeers, where he was even more rugged and smouldering!
JKRowling is about to publish a fourth Strike book, so we will have to read that and wait a bit for the next tv series.
I’m sure Tom will be in many more dramas.

ninathenana Tue 27-Feb-18 07:06:04

I love everything about it. H insists on watch Endevour so we recorded Strike and watched yesterday. There is just no comparison.

Lazigirl Tue 27-Feb-18 09:44:37

I like the fact that Strike is played as a war vet with injury and think it is integral to the story and his character, and I feel pain for him when he exerts himself and his stump is suffering! Very clever camera work and I was initially fooled about his leg until I found out.

Rosieroe Sun 04-Mar-18 22:21:26

I’ve got to admit it. Stand aside Aidan Turner - I think I’ve got a crush on Tom Burke!

BlueBelle Sun 04-Mar-18 22:28:55

Rosieroe fight you for him ??
I m so sad he didn’t get it together with Robin I thought they would ... I mean if I can’t have him she was next best

I nearly hit the roof when Robin got jumped in that alleyway scary

kittylester Mon 05-Mar-18 07:41:16

Fancy Robyn marrying the other chap! it won't end well!