Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Unforgotten

(85 Posts)
Shirleyw Thu 21-Jun-18 05:32:21

Watched the box set on iplayer , didn't watch it first time around. I really enjoyed it ,new series 3 is starting soon I believe

Marelli Wed 22-Aug-18 01:52:20

Can someone clear this up for me, please - the murderer, at the end mentioned another place where a body was hidden. What was the significance of this? I somehow missed that bit.

tanith Wed 22-Aug-18 06:49:45

I presumed that there were indeed more killings he’d carried out over the years and was ‘dripfeeding’ them to the police to prolong his notoriety and fame as a serial killer.

BlueBelle Wed 22-Aug-18 06:53:31

Yes that’s how I saw it too just sort of added to his psychopathic personality

oldbatty Wed 22-Aug-18 08:44:17

Iam......I saw that film. Amazing, you could hear a pin drop.

Iam64 Wed 22-Aug-18 09:05:55

Wasn't it just old batty. I haven't read or heard any reviews. I suspect it isn't mainstream enough to get them but it's gripping isn't it. Siobhan is so good at showing changes of emotion without words. Fabulous film, should be shown at 6th form colleges to prompt discussion about the positives and negatives of Faith (and especially closed institutions which do so much damage)

Greyduster Wed 22-Aug-18 19:37:02

As I understood it, he was drip feeding information to the police in exchange for privileges such as reading materials. Could be wrong of course.

Iam64 Wed 22-Aug-18 19:38:32

yes Greyduster, also to ensure his needs to be important and central to the investigation were met.

callgirl1 Fri 24-Aug-18 11:29:47

I was out on Sunday night, so had to avoid all writings about Unforgotten. Watched the repeat last night, and thought it was very well done

I was out on Sunday night, , so have had to avoid all writings about Unforgotten. Watched the repeat last night, and thought it was brilliantly done. I was tossing up between the doctor and the twin sister, but I`m usually wrong, this time not. Looking forward to the next series, but why is Nicola Walker no longer in the job? Or have I misunderstood something?

annep Sat 25-Aug-18 08:50:33

I thought the ending was dull and disappointing.