Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Gardeners' World

(34 Posts)
Auntieflo Sun 26-Aug-18 17:09:00

I watched GW last Friday, 24th, hoping to see the bit about Adam Frost, putting the finishing touches to a Leicestershire garden. Did I miss it, or was that omitted? I don't think I fell asleep. confused

Auntieflo Fri 07-Sep-18 21:13:45

Chelseababy. thank you, I mamaged to catch it, in between DH wanting to show me things on his Ipad. Why do they do that?

farview Sat 08-Sep-18 09:02:37

Am not a fan of Adam..wasn't impressed with the finished garden either..don't think he made the lawn big enough..it looked like a postage stamp....

Nelliemoser Sat 08-Sep-18 09:41:24

I was thinking about these rusty bits of metal which are left to decay. Definitely an Ashes to Ashes situation . All that rust will eventually go back into the soil from whence it came . Very philosophical but too much iron in one place does not help the plants. If Monty retired we would not see those beautiful golden retrievers.

merlotgran Sat 15-Sep-18 12:22:33

Finally got it finished. Other vital autumn jobs got in the way and then the sun wouldn't come out for long enough to let me grab the camera and dash outside. The birds love it so I'll try and get a pic of them in it but I wouldn't hold your breath. grin

midgey Sat 15-Sep-18 13:57:25

That is really pretty........I want one!

Auntieflo Sat 15-Sep-18 15:37:41

Thanks for the picture Merlotgran of your finished pond. I would so love one, and yours looks the perfect size. I'll just have to keep my eye out for a rusty (rustic) container.
Well done.

Auntieflo Sat 15-Sep-18 15:39:27

Farview. I also was not a bit impressed with the finished Leicestershire garden.

farview Sat 15-Sep-18 17:23:06

Glad it wasn't just .e then Auntieflo shock