Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Simon Cowell

(50 Posts)
travelsafar Sun 02-Sep-18 08:38:29

I started to watch the new series of X Factor last night but had to turn over as i felt it was just platform for Robbie Williams and his wife, and Simon Cowell just looked so awful. His face was so puffy and bloated looking and he constantly used a hand fan as he was obviously suffering from the heat. I felt they were all was rather off putting and i doubt i will watch any further programs. Did anyone else notice the change in Simon??

Shirleyw Fri 07-Sep-18 06:03:43

Yes, SC did look puffy. Always liked Robbie Williams though....just started watching it , not seen it for years, since Leona Lewis lol.....what I didn't like however was when they said Louis Tomlinson helped this chap who sang last year Who was in a dark place, who sang again this year and is now back into a 'good place' ..it takes a lot longer than under a year to get back to normality after mental health issues whatever it's due to, drugs, etc....doesn't work like that.....

grannypauline Tue 04-Sep-18 00:27:58

Enjoy your haggles about celebrities and soon it'll be time to get a (real) life!

DeeWBW Mon 03-Sep-18 22:43:39

I thought exactly the same as you, travelsafar.

oldbatty Mon 03-Sep-18 21:53:36

They all looked like they were on something.

Ronnie Mon 03-Sep-18 21:24:11

Very past it’s sell by date. Quite agree with most of
previously made comments. I for one shall not watch it again.

Coolgran65 Mon 03-Sep-18 19:50:30

Treebee looks like you and I must be easily pleased.

I absolutely honestly think this series is so much better. Also, there doesn't seem to be as many of those who can't actually sing. I just take it all as it comes.
Loved the 53 year old lady who sang the Cilla Black song, wasn't she wonderful.

pp who mentioned David Walliams - I think he was on Britain's Got Talent, not XFactor.

BlueBelle Mon 03-Sep-18 19:22:18

Blimey I reckon some were watching a different programme then

Treebee Mon 03-Sep-18 19:03:48

Agree with Coolgran. I’d expected to be irritated by Robbie and his wife but found them to be sympathetic and entertaining judges. Louis is sweet and much preferable to the erstwhile judge of the same name. Simon seems kinder too. Yes, his face looks different, but that’s up to him.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 03-Sep-18 19:03:02

I heard figures were high, probably due to Louis Tomlinson bringing back the young girl fan base.

BlueBelle Mon 03-Sep-18 18:26:44

Just had lunch with 9 friends every one without fail said they switched off after 5 or 10 minutes
Lost a lot of viewers I would think, figures will be low I would think

anniegold195 Mon 03-Sep-18 17:05:58

This show comes across.that it has been edited so much that even the judges dont look natural with everything commented by them is strictly rehearsed and so perfect. The yoing lad who had to come back and sing another song and keep singing until he got it right. If that wasnt a rehearsed scenario and edited - all to try and make it real. The judges loving the adoration. No thankyou..not feeding their false ego presentations any more

nananina Mon 03-Sep-18 13:58:37

I love X Factor especially the auditions. Yes I noticed Simon's face, you'd have to have sight problems not to notice. Yes as others have said it looked fat - red and bloated and changed his appearance quite drastically.

I hate RW - he's so bloody attention seeking, sitting with his feet up and those stupid flowery PJs he was wearing and his wife - WTF does she know about the music industry and their smooching as sick making and dancing together at one stage - and yes her lips are botoxed or filled or whatever it's called. I loved little Louis - he's sweet. I agree with missdeke above - SO much is staged and that business of RW going on stage had all been rehearsed - every time Simon asks for a different song choice I think it's staged. And little Louis going to hug his friend- he must have asked Simon if he could do that and got an agreement otherwise he wouldn't have done it but at least it looked authentic. Did anyone notice before Louis's mate came on Louis stretched a bit and said "is this the last one".................ha - as if he didn't know who was coming on. I think they think we're all a bunch of morons. I like Simon cus he tells it like it is but I hate his fat face! I wonder why David Walliams got the push - all that stuff with Simon was almost certainly agreed beforehand and of course he loved everybody, but maybe went a bit too far.

Mostly though I hate the way it is organised, obviously the judging panel don't see all those hundreds of contestants - another panel or panels screen them and send the really good ones through, the really bad ones and few in between. I feel sorry for the bad ones because they will think they've got through the first panel so they must be good, they are good entertainment though!

Christalbee Mon 03-Sep-18 13:52:27

Won't be watching it again. Made me feel sick!!

Peaseblossom Mon 03-Sep-18 13:38:52

I haven't warched X Factor or BGT for years. It's farcical. Some of the people they let through are embarrassingly bad. It's Mickey taking to subject the public to this utter rubbish. They let crap through and let some decent ones go. Not wasting any more time on it.

chrissyh Mon 03-Sep-18 12:45:18

I have watched and really enjoyed X Factor since it began, recording it if I couldn't watch live. Settled down to watch the first one on Saturday and thought it should be re-named the 'Robbie Williams Show'. Hated it and didn't watch 2nd episode Sunday.

daffers Mon 03-Sep-18 12:35:49

Review I read yesterday - Robbie Williams - At 44, he is getting so craggy that he’ll soon be scaled by rock-climbers.

quizqueen Mon 03-Sep-18 12:33:48

I haven't watched the show since Cheryl and Danni Minogue left as judges. It's past its sell by date now and I believe it to be fixed to push those forward who have 'a story to tell'. I can't stand Robbie and anyone who is married to him must be of the same ilk i.e. full of self importance. Take That were better off without him. Simon has had work done on his face; he will admit to that himself. I really don't know why these people in the media bother because it makes them look awful usually, like a fake android type being, in my opinion. I think Simon is frightened of growing old.

sarahellenwhitney Mon 03-Sep-18 11:38:53

I really must take more' water' with it.
Sam Bailey won X Factor NOT BGT.

Diggingdoris Mon 03-Sep-18 11:31:27

Oh how irritating ! The changes are not for the better. SC looked like he'd put on loads of weight, RW wants to be the centre of attention the whole time, his wife looks like she's had a slap in the mouth, and poor little Louis is squashed between 3 egomaniacs! Bless him, he's the only one making sensible comments. I'm glad I'm not the only unhappy viewer.

sarahellenwhitney Mon 03-Sep-18 11:25:06

Saw recent photo of Eric. No mistaking his dad.

lizzypopbottle Mon 03-Sep-18 11:02:47

I've never watched XFactor and avoid all 'talent' shows because I've always found them uncomfortably cringey. My dad watched them all from Opportunity Knocks onwards. Remember the muscle man?

Anyway, I feel sorry for celebs who feel they have to have procedures. I think it's the amount of facial fillers that they get injected into their cheeks that make them look so weird. There's no subtlety. It's like they've had a couple of golf balls surgically inserted. They're all at it and I find myself focussing on that when I see them on TV or in magazines. There's hardly a natural face among them and they start so young.

HannahLoisLuke Mon 03-Sep-18 10:21:48

I stopped watching X Factor years ago. Mainly because of the weepy contestants all trying to be Witney Housten or the male equivalent. Couldn't bear Sharon Osbourne or Louis Walsh either. I do watch Britains Got Talent and have noticed that Simon has looked a mess for some time.
I think he just needs a shave, the grey stubble is never a good look.

missdeke Mon 03-Sep-18 09:26:45

I don't watch X Factor as a rule, but I caught some of it the other day when I flipped channels, it was so staged, some guy was singing a song he'd written and Simon stopped him and asked him to sing his second choice, needless to say it was simply a way to get Robbie Williams on stage singing a duet of one of his songs. It was so obviously not a proper audition yet this quite ordinary guy got through.

I've never been a fan of Robbie Williams, I find him too much in love with himself and this latest foray on X Factor just confirmed my opinion of him. Must admit I didn't really notice Simon Cowell except that his hair looks longer.

Grannyknot Mon 03-Sep-18 09:18:18

I meant to add, it's a bit cheeky that they are (sort of) copying James Corden's Car Pool Karoake for the intro.

Willow500 Mon 03-Sep-18 09:16:15

It's like Marmite - you either hate it or love it! I'm another fan and quite like the new line up - it's a refreshing change to the usual lot. I also like Robbie - he's the spit of my son, same age and also a musician so feel a bit biased grin but I have seen him live a couple of times and he is a great showman. I also think Louis Tomlinson is a very good choice - last night's show was more about him than Sat's which was Robbie's night. I'm sure as it goes on it will all settle down. My husband was adamant he wasn't watching it again but he said last night it was good. As for Simon - well it's his show - I agree he's looking his age and noticed the fan but as my husband sits and sleeps with a fan next to his face due to overheating and we have had a heatwave it's no big deal.